Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Eire

Thread: New Synapse in the rain

New Synapse in the rain

Hello, I am a new Tom Bihn owner. I have been on a lengthy quest to find the perfect small backpack and messenger bag. I like to use a backpack for hikes and running errands around town whether on my bike or on foot. I prefer a messenger bag for work for a slightly more professional look. After many trials of other bags I found Tom Bihn. I spent many hours looking at the website and reviews before I decided on a Synapse backpack for daily use and an Imago messenger bag for work. The Synapse is navy with the solar interior and the Imago is also navy but with cork on the outside and wasabi interior.

Both are beautiful bags, top quality construction and highly useful. The pocket arrangement is perfect for what I need.

Last Saturday, my son and I went for a short hike in the local woods. I had the Synapse with me carrying my Iphone, water bottle, lunch and some other odds and ends. We were caught in the rain but decided to continue with the hike as we had our raincoats and it was quite pleasant. I also wanted to test my new backpack for weather resistance. I am happy to report that the Synapse performed very well indeed. We were out in the rain for about two hours and nothing got wet inside. You can see the rain beading on the exterior surface in one of the photos.

Throughout the entire hike I hardly noticed the Synapse on my back. It is designed very well as it sits close to the body and does not sag from the shoulders. The Synapse is an excellent bag and I am extremely happy with my purchase.

Eire
    Attached Images Attached Images      

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    These are great photos -- thanks so much for posting them. And here's to hikes in the rain! I find that it's hard to make myself go on a hike when it's raining, but once I actually get out outside in the rain, it's, like you said, quite pleasant. Is that a dog ahead of you in one of the photos?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks Darcy. I actually like hiking in the rain as long as I have the right gear :). That is Angus our schnauzer up ahead on the trail. He was soaked wet and covered in mud by the time we were finished but you should have seen the smile on his face.

-Eire

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0