• 1 Post By Katy
  • 4 Post By GEOcycle
  • 4 Post By Katy
  • 3 Post By Janine
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By Katy

Thread: New Synapse - New Travels!

New Synapse - New Travels!

I'm sort of just brain dumping right now - Internet is out and typing this up at a local coffee shop while still massively jet-lagged, so pardon are begged if I jump around a little. ;)

I picked up a fantastic new Steel/Solar Synapse before a trip to the Isle of Man to spend the holidays with my wife's family (An early Xmas present ... ) and now that I'm back, and have used the backpack extensively with day hikes, short walks, city life and as a carry-on bag, I have a couple photos and thoughts to share!

Cannot believe how much this bag fits. The pockets are VERY well designed, and with keeping to a system finding anything you need is very easy especially when using organizer pouches & key straps. The bag is quite stealthy - I wasn't sure how big it would look or feel, but after using it every day for the past 2 weeks I find it perfect for my intended uses. Comfortable to wear as well, especially when using the sternum/waist straps. I did run into some shoulder soreness when using the bag fully loaded w/o the straps taking some of the weight off, but I found repositioning it with the adjusting side straps helped a little. Always carried a 800mL Klean Kanteen, moleskine, pens, TB organizer wallet, pointandshoot camera, iPhone, with me. Often the bag was used to carry various layers, gloves, etc as the weather oftentimes (and quickly!) changed throughout the day. In addition, carried iPad, wife's pilot logbook & other flying goodies, notes, candy,various cords, battery backup, and other random travel gear while used in carry-on mode. Yep, very full.

That being said, I'm very happy I picked this up over a Smart Alec - size wise. Anything bigger would be overkill and just an excuse to pack it fuller - not something you want when you need to be mobile! The bag is also stealthy. I won't lie, I'm a big fan of techie/outdoor LOOKING bags. Something that you just look at and it screams "Take me on a safari, I will survive anything." I have no doubt that the sleek styling is actually more handy, both in security and in longevity of the bag as well. The bag proved itself in wet British winter weather, keeping my goods dry, something that's always nice when you need to count on it.

Now, with all that - I did get some shots of the bag in action for posterity with some help from my wonderful wife. I'm trying to convince her that she needs one now. The bag was with me along the coast, climbing to the top of the Island on Snaefel Mountain, playing on rocks, sand, and even getting splashed by beautiful seawater as waves broke over the walls during the massive gales that rocked Britian these past few weeks!

Tom Bihn Synapse on IoM by G e o cycle, on Flickr

Tom Bihn Snapse on IoM by G e o cycle, on Flickr

Over there ... I see ADVENTURE! by G e o cycle, on Flickr

The time with our family was fantastic as well - first chance I've had to travel to the Isle of Man, and I cannot wait to return! (Hopefully for the TT too!) As always, beyond pleased with the workmanship of my Tom Bihn bags, and I look forward to years of adventures with 'em. :)
    Expat living in Japan
    iPad Ristretto Aeronaut Synapse Lg Shop Bag lots of little accessory pouches - straps - and other goodies!
    Flickr Blog
    Now ... what else do I "need" ...

Wonderful photos, and a charming description! What a trip!

Welcome home too.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

AAAHHHHH!!!! These photos are so amazing!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Excellent photos. Must resist temptation....again :P

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Awesome vacation & photos, GEOcycle! Could almost feel the tingling cold from looking at the photos. Thanks for sharing.

MisterN, we all know resistance is futile :)>. Best start saving your lunch money - what color Synapse are eyeing?

I love, love, love my black/UV Synapse!

Awesome vacation & photos, GEOcycle! Could almost feel the tingling cold from looking at your photos. Thanks for sharing.

MisterN, we all know resistance is futile :)>. Best start saving your lunch money - what color Synapse are eyeing?

I love, love, love my black/UV Synapse!

Did you see any rumpies or stumpies on the Isle of Man?

I really love the second photo--the sky makes me all nostalgic for Ireland.

SO, I somehow ended up on your photo stream. Is that...you.. in front of the TARDIS with your Tom Bihn Bag?!

I seem to have forgotten what I wa......

|||
    Last edited by Katy; 01-12-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    SO, I somehow ended up on your photo stream. Is that...you.. in front of the TARDIS with your Tom Bihn Bag?!

I seem to have forgotten what I wa......

|||
    We got a chance to spend a couple days in London at the end of our trip, as one of her sisters has a nice flat near South Gate. Yep, checked out the Dr Who Experience! Yes, proudly wearing my Synapse in front of the Tardis! ;D

Holiday on the Isle of Man by G e o cycle, on Flickr

In fact, any photo of me you can see the little "TB" on the sternum strap - like I said, almost never took it off! :D
    Expat living in Japan
    iPad Ristretto Aeronaut Synapse Lg Shop Bag lots of little accessory pouches - straps - and other goodies!
    Flickr Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Did you see any rumpies or stumpies on the Isle of Man?

I really love the second photo--the sky makes me all nostalgic for Ireland.
    Sadly not! I had to ask my Manx wife what a Stumpie was too! I told her that if we were ever to own a cat, it would have to be a Manx. :D

After Japan I'm trying to convince her that we need to move to Scotland or the IoM. We'll see how that works out. ;D
    Expat living in Japan
    Flickr Blog

Quote Originally Posted by GEOcycle View Post
    We got a chance to spend a couple days in London at the end of our trip, as one of her sisters has a nice flat near South Gate. Yep, checked out the Dr Who Experience! Yes, proudly wearing my Synapse in front of the Tardis! ;D

Holiday on the Isle of Man by G e o cycle, on Flickr

In fact, any photo of me you can see the little "TB" on the sternum strap - like I said, almost never took it off! :D

This is officially my favorite photo in the history of ever.

Oh my google, you took a TARDIS bag to THE TARDIS! I can see infinity! Aaaaah!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I love the jumping pics, and the pics of you and Mrs. GEOcycle on the beach. Of course the ones you have posted here are awesome as well!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Thank you for sharing! Beautiful pictures, family and landscapes as well as such a feeling of exhilaration in every shot. :)

Just great!
    TXGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Oh my google, you took a TARDIS bag to THE TARDIS! I can see infinity! Aaaaah!
    Did you squeel a little? I did.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0