Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By KmK

Thread: SCB on a Fall Day's walk to a latte

KmK

SCB on a Fall Day's walk to a latte

Here's what fit in my SCB today as I headed out on a walk toward a latte and some reading/writing/picture taking... Two small organizer pouches, one pen/pencil organizer, organizer wallet, two 5.25x5.25 Rhodia LeCarre notebooks, one 304 page hardcover book from the library, a large Rhodia Webbie, small padded organizer with Canon Powershot, tub of Carmex, and two leftover Halloween bite-sized treats!

I love my TB bags! Each one has its day and place...S, M, L, cafe bags and Imago...and a colorful assortment of organizer pouches! Also just got the strap-wrap and a large Dyneema--Awesome!

Name:  IMG_0939.JPG
Views: 461
Size:  536.8 KB
    Lani and Eire like this.

Nice pic!

What is the orange thing resting on the flap of the SCB?

KmK
    Oops! Forgot that! It's technically a Timbuk2 id holder but I use it to hold the keycard that gets me into my place of work!

Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    Oops! Forgot that! It's technically a Timbuk2 id holder but I use it to hold the keycard that gets me into my place of work!
    Wow! - awesome phito. Thanks. I had ordered & returned a SCB linen/steel. When it arrived, I put my wallet & 2 witz eyeglass cases in the main compartment and my phone inside in the zippered pocket. The bag seemed fat with that load. I have to carry the 2 eyeglass cases all the time - I wear prescription glasses & sunglasses.

Each time I see a post of the SCB & the amount of stuff other folks put in it, I wonder if I just did not give the SCB a chance.

I would love a Tom Bihn ID holder that will hold & fold out to display 4 IDs - driver's id, gym card, work id, key card.

KmK
    LiLin,

Just to say, there was no wiggle room with those items in the SCB. They were not jammed in--I care too much about both books and the paper on which I write! But, there was no extra room. Sometimes I choose the larger bag simply so it doesn't feel quite so packed....which is to say, using a larger bag does not necessarily mean I carry more stuff...sometimes it just means there's room to spare...things are a bit looser, freer, without getting completely lost in the abyss--such is the marvel of the Cafe bags in particular, I find.

Here's what fit in my SCB today as I headed out on a walk toward a latte and some reading/writing/picture taking...
    That sounds like an absolutely wonderful activity. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by LiLin View Post
    I had ordered & returned a SCB linen/steel.
    Ooo I'd love to see what the linen color looks like!

I've always been curious about the linen, because to me, it just SCREAMS "Hand-color me!!!!"
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

@Lani, you can see Geocycle's linen Ristretto if you scroll to the bottom of this post.

I also believe that FrankII has a pic of his linen café bag on the TB collection thread.

Lovely pics, KmK. Wish I could have a SCB, MCB, and LCB in every color! They seem so versatile and, as your pic demonstrates, can hold a surprising amount of stuff! And with a latte besides...heaven! Enjoy!

LiLin,

Just to say, there was no wiggle room with those items in the SCB. They were not jammed in--I care too much about both books and the paper on which I write! But, there was no extra room. . .
    Thanks, KmK. I, too, do not like cramming my bags. I enjoy Maverick's videos of what can be packed inside a TB bag. I also find myself mentally making combination lists of the items I would load in the bag, definitely not all the items that Maverick use to demo loading possibilities.

I may yet buy a SCB in linen/olive. I did not much like the steel interior of the SCB linen/steel I bought & returned. It made returning easier.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0