Like Tree16Likes
  • 10 Post By Jpenrod
  • 1 Post By Badger
  • 1 Post By Carolina
  • 4 Post By Jpenrod

Thread: Brain Bag on its way around the world

Brain Bag on its way around the world

I am on my way around the world and thought I should post some pictures of my new Brain Bag in some interesting locations. The itinerary goes like this; London, Delhi, Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and some various places in mainland China. I missed getting pictures in London and Delhi, I will do better from here on out.

Here is the first on from Manila, I will update as my location changes...

Name:  Brain Bag in Manila.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  93.1 KB
    Manila, Philippines

Volunteer Moderator
    wow! your trip sounds fantastic!

i'm loving this picture - it exudes a certain peacefulness.

This picture is stunning!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Nice photo, and I agree with maverick--what a fantastic-sounding trip. If you have time at some point, can you tell us if you're one-bagging in the Brain Bag? Packing list?

Good bag choice. I have tried them all but always come back to the Brain Bag. It's just the best all around travel bag out there.

We just got back from Philippines to visit wife's family and had to spend 2 extra days in Manila due
    to flight cancellation from typhoon in Japan The Brain Bag is a good choice for light travel around the world. Built like a tank.
    Good luck on your trip.

Jpenrod, your trip sounds amazing. I agree with others, it sounds like the Brain Bag is an excellent choice. I'm confused by the photo though. Your BB looks like it's Linen, but I didn't know it was made in Linen, is it Olive and there is just a ton of light shining onto it?
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

The BB is olive, the shot was done into the sun and I desaturated the image a bit. The bag has been quite a trooper so far, I also carry a Field Journal for sketching and collecting of ephemera. I wish I were traveling with just the BB but I am dragging along an old wheeled bag for carting home some parts and pieces from China. I have to say I love the versatility of the BB, it can be both big and small. I stuff it to top when in transit and then turn it into a day pack using the compressions straps when I need mobility. I plan on shooting a "contents" shot of what I am carrying once the sun comes up, I will post it soon. Oh, and thanks for all the nice comments...
    j.

This is an amazing photo: I love the wavy lines of the chair, and the desaturated colors. It gives the picture a kind exotic dreaminess.

What color is your Brain Bag?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    What color is your Brain Bag?
    The BB is olive.

Update - Thailand

Made it to Thailand, flooding is not too bad here in Bangkok but is not good outside of town. Here are a couple of shots of my trusty friend enjoying a few dry days...

Name:  IMG_0290.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  98.9 KB
    Brain Bag quietly contemplating at Wat Po

Name:  IMG_0277.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  72.9 KB
    Brain Bag looking casual at a street side phone booth

Absolutely Stunning!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I work at TOM BIHN
    I'm jealous! A friend of mine is currently in Southeast Asia teaching ESL classes, sounds like he is having quite the experience. Great photos!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0