Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By ncb4

Thread: Synapse in the Smokies

Synapse in the Smokies

Last weekend I was able to get away for a few days to the Tennessee Smokies. I saw several black bears up close and personal, and even stood in the snow (OK, snow flurries) on Clingman's Dome on Saturday! But the weather during the rest of my stay was nothing but gorgeous early autumn warmth and sunshine. It was a day like that that I took this photo of my trusty Indigo Synapse on Middle Prong Creek in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. The Synapse was carrying all my photo gear—and I do mean all of it. There was a DSLR, several lenses, lots of pouches with batteries, filters, and accessories; and my little point-and-shoot. The more I carry it, the more I love my Synapse.

Name:  Low.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  75.2 KB

Beautiful pictures, makes me want to visit a national park.

Nice pic! Autumn is the best.

This photo is so awesome!!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Nice photo. I keep debating whether my next bag is going to be a synapse or whether I'll hold out for the hinted-at "pilot".

That trail is a real nice one. Easy enough for most people, pretty creek along the whole thing and not too big of a crowd like some of the big name waterfall trails. For those that haven't had the pleasure, the Smokies I'm the fall are a beautiful sight to behold. I don't know if they beat Maine or Vermont but the colors last for weeks rather than days and the variety is stunning as you drive through different parts of the park and different elevations. I get to go for my 2nd anniversary later this month. :)

Happy anniversary! You're so lucky you got to wed in October. Maybe the Synapse would make a good present to mark the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Nice photo. I keep debating whether my next bag is going to be a synapse or whether I'll hold out for the hinted-at "pilot".

That trail is a real nice one. Easy enough for most people, pretty creek along the whole thing and not too big of a crowd like some of the big name waterfall trails. For those that haven't had the pleasure, the Smokies I'm the fall are a beautiful sight to behold. I don't know if they beat Maine or Vermont but the colors last for weeks rather than days and the variety is stunning as you drive through different parts of the park and different elevations. I get to go for my 2nd anniversary later this month. :)
    What a wonderful place to celebrate your anniversary. Congratulations! I hope you have a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    What a wonderful place to celebrate your anniversary. Congratulations! I hope you have a great trip.
    Thanks! We started going up there in October the year before we were married and honeymooned in the smokies and at a few stops along the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC. Got to be one of the most stunning drives in the world in the fall.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0