Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By teacherman
  • 1 Post By Maria

Thread: Tom Bihn helps us move to China! or...Aeronauts packed to the brim...

Tom Bihn helps us move to China! or...Aeronauts packed to the brim...

Hey all,
    It's been months in the process, but my wife and I have finally moved to China--we've actually been here over a month now--to teach at an American international school for 2 years. Seeing that we were moving from Houston to Shenzhen, completely replanting our lives in a new place, we had a lot to pack. To keep costs "down", we bought Aeronauts back in Jan. and have used them several times. We had been looking forward to using them specifically for this trip for literally 8 months!
    Well, the day came and we packed them to the brim! STUFFED full! Was it heavy? Oh yeah. Was it worth it? Every dime.

Here are some pics:

My Ego, packed with the necessary electronics and books.

Ego and Aeronaut, lounging at Houston Intercontinental before our flight.

This is all that my wife packed in to her aeronaut. One bagging' it wasn't the goal--it was to stuff as much stuff as possible. And as you can see, it was quite a lot. The backpack straps definitely were the hero of our travels.

Same stuff, different view.

I wasn't as patient as my wife, who wanted to show off the Aeronaut to our friends back home. Now, it's our new international work buddies, who constantly travel, who are very interesting in Tom Bihn bags now.

Anyways, hope you enjoy!
    teacherman
    Last edited by maverick; 09-21-2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: fixing image url's

Wow! That's the first time I've seen pictures and truly thought an Aeronaut is like Hermione's enchanted bag in the Harry Potter books - how it holds more than one would expect.

Impressive packing by the way.
    ncb4 likes this.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Wow! That's the first time I've seen pictures and truly thought an Aeronaut is like Hermione's enchanted bag in the Harry Potter books - how it holds more than one would expect.

Impressive packing by the way.
    I think that all the time with some of the packing lists that are posted :)! You're all so great at packing!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Wonderful pictures!

I love the black and white Tom's shoes, and those sandals... where does your wife buy her shoes!?

I hope your teaching goes well! My high school japanese teacher and his family moved over to Shanghai recently, from what I can see it's a blast over there!
    Last edited by Katy; 09-21-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

When I loaned her my Aeronaut, my sister's first reaction was that "it's too small." She then discovered how much can fit.

It's so true. The Aeronaut is a work horse! I love that comparison to Hermione's bag--being an English teacher, I should have figured out that analogy a long time ago!
    Also, I wish I had kept track of all that we packed in to the aeronauts. We weighed it at home right before we left with our travel scale--both of ours were close to 40 lbs.
    My wife had 3-4 pairs of shoes and enough clothes to last two weeks! I had aroudn 10 shirts, 3 pants, and 3-4 pairs of shorts and 3 pairs of shoes. Plus some electronics. Looking back, I'm pretty amazed!

@Katy--my wife gets all of her shoes from two places: Target and Whole Earth Provision--a local Texas-only REI type of store. If you're ever in Houston or Austin, look them up. Always have weekly shoe sales. Once got a new pair of Chacos for $50!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I think that all the time with some of the packing lists that are posted :)! You're all so great at packing!
    I'm still waiting for Tom to perfect Hermione's bag - so it holds the equivalent of a couple of Aeronauts but the size of a Side Effect. :) If anyone can do it - he can!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0