Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Lani
  • 3 Post By Katy
  • 1 Post By Lani

Thread: My custom-colored "black" Steel Dyneema Packing Cube Shoulder Bag

My custom-colored "black" Steel Dyneema Packing Cube Shoulder Bag

The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag has got to be one of my favorites from Tom Bihn. They make great purses, packing cubes, stuff sacks, etc.

I also realize that part of what makes them unique is their signature checkerboard/tablecloth lines from the white nylon.

That said, I really love black bags. Well, since these bags are so affordable, I went ahead and conducted an experiment, using a black Sharpie laundry maker to color just the white threading on my shoulder bag. Check it out!

(You can click on the photo itself and you can see a big close-up version).

The whole thing took a couple of hours while I watched TV. I think it came out fantastic! Once the ink dried, it was permanent, and doesn't bleed or stain. And now I'm thinking I might use this as a regular everyday purse!

Now I'm thinking I might want to try a light pink on my red bag, and maybe a light blue on my purple!
    dorayme and Eire like this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

LOL. that's clever!!
    I really like the way it came out, looks really good. You are putting ideas in my head...

I do like the white lines in the fabric, it gives it more character, but it does make the bag look much more casual.
    That's the main reason my Synapse is a black Cordura and not a Dyneema despite me liking the lightness, feel and 'packability' of the Dyneema more.

And here I was feeling a bit sheepish about taking to my organiser wallet with a hobby knife ......

Nice mod!
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    And here I was feeling a bit sheepish about taking to my organiser wallet with a hobby knife ......

Nice mod!
    **GASP** You did WHAT?
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    There once was a more blackish Dyneema, it's in the interior pocket of my UT. It's a black background, but the cross threads are still white.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Don't panic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    **GASP** You did WHAT?
    Don't worry, it was only a small adjustment.

One of the ultrasuade dividers was snagging in the zip ever so slightly so I trimmed a tiny sliver off the top edge of it.
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    One of the ultrasuade dividers was snagging in the zip ever so slightly so I trimmed a tiny sliver off the top edge of it.
    If you take that tiny sliver and put it in a mason jar by the kitchen windowsill, it might eventually grow a little new organizer wallet!!!!
    dorayme likes this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0