Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By AVService
  • 1 Post By jostber

Thread: Synapse Ready to Go!

Synapse Ready to Go!

Here is the Synapse loaded for the training I was in last Week on Cape Cod.
    I escaped there just ahead of the Wrath of Irene as it turns out much of the area is still without power?

As you can see I have a load of stuff in there.

Main Compartment
    13" MBP in Incipio Shell
    11" MBA in Incase Perforated shell(Very Cool)slid into Waterfield Sleeve
    iPad in Otterbox Defender
    Spiral Notebook,Handouts and Magazines.
    Trail Mix

Left Side
    Multi-Tool in RipOffs Sheath
    Mag 500 in RipOffs Sheath
    Strange little cricket Multi-Tool
    Pens
    Streamlight Penlight
    Headlamp
    Beano

Right Side
    MiFi 2200 in Bihn pouch
    Lumix ZS3 in Waterfield Case

Bottom
    MacBook Charger
    iPad Charger and cable
    Heavy Duty Long iPad/Pod Cable
    Hat
    Kleenex

Small compartment
    Glasses MicroFiber cloth
    Mints
    Gum
    Aspirin

And the Bottle compartment can take a 700ml bottle easily and there is still room in most spots for more.
    iPad Charger
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Oh and not to leave out my new crazy little StreamLight P90 LED Light.
    It was hanging out inside and I almost forgot it?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wonderful pictures. Amazing capacity of a medium-sized bag. Bravo!

OMG! I thought I could pack up the Synapse...but this is quite stellar!
    My only question: why would you need a Macbook 13, a MacBook Air 11 and an IPAD all at the same trip???! I can't begin to justify getting an IPad since I have the Macbook Air...let alone...:)

How do you like the Waterfield Case for Macbook Air? I was looking at their suede sleeve which is a tight fit I think! And the Otterbox case for Ipad-does it make it really heavy or thick? and do you use anything on the screen?

I Sell and Install this:

Savant home automation & building control systems including: luxury home theater control, lighting control systems, whole house audio systems & more

It is a Mac based Automation and Control system.
    I need a MBP to Configure and Program it and it uses iPad/iPhone IOS for the User Interface.

The 11" I just couldn't resist trying!

I am thinking of moving my work to a 15" or 17" MBP but every time I travel I want smaller not bigger.
    The problem is that it can be tough to get everything I need to do the interface on the smaller screens so I am sort of at a crossroad about the whole thing.
    Last edited by AVService; 08-31-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: I re read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    How do you like the Waterfield Case for Macbook Air? I was looking at their suede sleeve which is a tight fit I think! And the Otterbox case for Ipad-does it make it really heavy or thick? and do you use anything on the screen?
    I already had the Waterfield Sleeve,I have several and I really like them.They offer a different level of protection than the Brain Cell which I also have several of and are less bulky for it.

I use this Tough, Hard Aluminum Laptop Case for Apple MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook & PowerBook - Protect your Apple Notebook with MacTruck for the MBP as it provides every protection except dropping maybe and I can put it into the right size Brain Cell if I need to.

That MBP is my life so it has to be bulletproof.

I love the Otterbox case for the iPad. Not the most elegant or best looking but I think the most protective by far and my iPad can take some abuse day to day.
    I also keep my iPhone in one and I can drop it from a ladder a few times a day and so far,so good!

The IOS devices can be somewhat fragile and in an Otterbox I just don't give it a lot of thought anymore.

Ed

Both computers are another tool for me and I go for protection over anything else there.

Hum?….Researching a Synapse and find all this Mac stuff! Great!

(Oh - AV - impressive line of work!)

I'm a fairly new Mac owner (15" MacBook Pro purchased late May) and like the idea of Synapse now for carrying around my new baby - I mean my Mac.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

HI AV: Wow! I have been spending hours trying to research, read, and understand all the new stuff: whether to go the way of TV that is "wifi" ready and can stream the web; or the reverse: use a computer (a Mac) as a centerpiece, and use that for all the entertainment stuff! Also began to realize that--despite all the ease of plug and play--setting up things to talk to one another can be quite mind boggling! So where is your service located? I shall email you and find out!
    shiva

I can't believe you fit all those computers in the Synapse! Amazing bag, seriously. I always feel like my 13" MBP in the Checkpoint Flyer case is kinda pushing it, but now I realize I'm being wussy about it!

I replied to this a few days ago but it vanished somehow?

I an in STL,Gateway to the West but work all over the place,mainly Florida,California,Colorado anywhere there are big luxury homes waiting to be Automated!

Nobody needs what I do but I am always busy.

I have been in the field though for over 30 years since before it was really being done.

All my clients really want is something unique from someone they can trust,its all about the service.

Thanks for Asking.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    HI AV: Wow! I have been spending hours trying to research, read, and understand all the new stuff: whether to go the way of TV that is "wifi" ready and can stream the web; or the reverse: use a computer (a Mac) as a centerpiece, and use that for all the entertainment stuff! Also began to realize that--despite all the ease of plug and play--setting up things to talk to one another can be quite mind boggling! So where is your service located? I shall email you and find out!
    shiva

Quote Originally Posted by tCook View Post
    I can't believe you fit all those computers in the Synapse! Amazing bag, seriously. I always feel like my 13" MBP in the Checkpoint Flyer case is kinda pushing it, but now I realize I'm being wussy about it!
    It always seems like a better idea BEFORE you are in an Airport carrying several bags that felt OK at home!

I don't care how light they are.

I have just started carrying my 17" MBP around and that thing is just stupid.
    Now a few years ago I said the same thing about my Toughbooks and they really are heavy,the 17" was considered a Featherweight a few years ago?

It really is all in your point of view.

Ed

Unhappy

Just ordered myself a Synapse the other day, so it's great to see these packing tips.
    Katy likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0