Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By weijia

Thread: My Imago camera bag setup

My Imago camera bag setup

I am trying to find a good camera bag/messenger bag combo, and I think I have cobbled together one with an Imago plus a Snapr35.

If you are not familiar with a Snapr35, check out their page:
    Amazon.com: Black Rapid SnapR 35 Midsize Bag and Strap: Camera & Photo

Basically it is a camera bag with the camera attached to the strap of the bag. I like this system as it allows the camera to be securely attached to the bag, but still easily removed via a snap.

I have jerry-rigged the attachment to fit onto the Imago shoulder strap. The Snapr35 fits into the Imago pretty well, and I have tied it to one of the o-rings inside the bag. The Snapr35 opens from the top, so its very easy to slide the camera in and out. The camera can be placed inside the Snapr35 while still attached to the shoulder strap. I have attached a few images to show this.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

How interesting! I'm not a fan of the neck strap on my G11 and use a hand strap, but this setup is intriguing and I'd like to make something like this work with my SideEffect.
    "For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe." ~ Larry Eisenberg

I also have used my Imago as a camera bag, though my Olympus (a 620) is a bit bigger than yours, so it's a slightly tighter squeeze. I've got a Billingham camera insert that I use to protect the Oly. But I've got a leather neck strap on it. I am really intrigued by the way you've jury-rigged the strap from the tripod mount to the shoulder strap of your Imago. Genius! So that strap mechanism came with the Snapr35 bag?

I do not like using neck straps either, and this Oly E-PL2 is too heavy for a wrist strap.

Yes the strap mechanism comes with the Snapr. Where do you find the Billingham camera insert? Amazon only has the bags it seems like. The Snapr is kind of overkill as just an insert, but I already had one and I could not find the snap mechanism sold separately anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by weijia View Post
    I do not like using neck straps either, and this Oly E-PL2 is too heavy for a wrist strap.

Yes the strap mechanism comes with the Snapr. Where do you find the Billingham camera insert? Amazon only has the bags it seems like. The Snapr is kind of overkill as just an insert, but I already had one and I could not find the snap mechanism sold separately anywhere else.
    It's been a while, but I think I got the Billingham insert at B&H Photo. Though when I looked today, at both B&H and Adorama, I couldn't find it listed in stock.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0