Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By ncb4

Thread: Christmas in August

Christmas in August

I had to make one of my occasional forays to the "big city" yesterday (I live in a small rural town surrounded by cotton fields and pecan orchards), and I was hot and tired when I finally returned. But the UPS guy had left me a little surprise! Once again, the box was somewhat battered; is UPS employing angry monkeys to handle their parcels now? But it looked like someone had taken the time to wind a roll of tape around it, so it was still intact, and everything was safe inside.

I think I may have received the last Indigo Side Effect; can't wait to try that out with the Sapphire Key Strap as a kind of wristlet, or to attach it to other bags. (I also have the Handle Loop from a previous order.)

This photo doesn't do the Cardinal Little Swift justice: it is such a deep saturated red. Nor does it show just how vibrant the Forest Green is on my son's Aeronaut. This is my first time handling an Aeronaut in person, and it's going to be tough for me to wrap this up and put it under the Christmas tree with his name on it. What an amazing bag. Too bad he won't be back in the States before December to use it, but I'm sure he will love it.Name:  524.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  509.0 KBAttachment 1585

Looking at the photo you kindly provided, I was wondering if you bought any of Bihn's Cord Zipper Pulls to make it easier to grab the Aeronaut and pouch zippers in a hurry. I find mine invaluable. I put them on everything, including one of my coats!
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

No, I didn't, MtnMan: but I think I may still have the set that I ordered with my TriStar and never used. That would give my son the option if he'd like to install them and use.

I really like that Indigo SE ;)
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    I really like that Indigo SE ;)
    It may be a good thing that you don't have my address: I think my Indigo SE might "disappear" one day. :P

Though my collection is very matchy matchy and somewhat limited to just a few colors, I love seeing the pictures with various colors on different bag shapes and sizes. It makes me happy.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Though my collection is very matchy matchy and somewhat limited to just a few colors, I love seeing the pictures with various colors on different bag shapes and sizes. It makes me happy.
    I've loved seeing the photos of your "matchy matchy" Plum items. And I can be that way, too. I fell in love with Indigo, so now I have what I call my Indigo Girls: a set of six TB bags all in Indigo (Imago, Synapse, Swift, Tri-Star, Side Effect, & 3D Clear Organizer Cube). I should take a family photo and post that this weekend. I think you and I and a lot of others may all end up with Azalea sets next!

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I've loved seeing the photos of your "matchy matchy" Plum items. And I can be that way, too. I fell in love with Indigo, so now I have what I call my Indigo Girls: a set of six TB bags all in Indigo (Imago, Synapse, Swift, Tri-Star, Side Effect, & 3D Clear Organizer Cube). I should take a family photo and post that this weekend. I think you and I and a lot of others may all end up with Azalea sets next!
    I would love to see your family foto of the Indigo girls. That sounds like a lovey pic. I cannot remember who, but I loved the Indigo Tri Star/ Co-Pilot pic on the airplane. It made me smile inside and somewhat inspired my decision to limit my colors and match pieces more vs. less.
    Yes, Azalea is going to be my next color venture. I am about to die waiting (TB, you don't want me to die do you?). This is the time of year when I wear Azalea type colors more. I guess my fall and winter wardrobe is going to be brightened up to accommodate the Azalea goodness! Maybe this will be good for my SAD???
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0