Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Can't believe it fits: my DSLR inside a Medium Cafe Bag!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I'm in awe of your will power. Although I'm also a vegetarian, I don't think I could do as well with my diet as you are. Now let's see who picks up on your beet juice art idea and is the first one to experiment with their Linen Cordura TB bag.
    i'm a lactovegetarian, but i've cut out dairy. it's actually been pretty easy not eating junk food. today, pizza was ordered at work, and smelling it as it came in didn't help.

at home, we buy organic dairy products - whether it's milk, yogurt, or cheese. but it's harder to find organic dairy when you're dining out.

i watched food, inc. recently, and felt quite disgusted at what we people will do to make a few bucks.

a friend of mine told me recently about a documentary called fat, sick and nearly dead. i haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but it's on the list of this weekend. this guy describes how he had gotten fat and sick eating all the wrong foods. he "rebooted" his system by doing a juice fast for a period of time (had nothing but juice during the fast) and brought whatever issues he had under control - something allopathic medicine could not do.

it's quite sad. our lives are so busy. we want to get so much done. we want to get ahead in some race of rodents. we don't have time to make or eat freshly prepared meals. so we buy fast food, processed packaged foods, and such things that would probably otherwise taste awful. but they add fats, salt, sugar, and artificial flavor enhancers like MSG to make them taste "good," and these too take their toll on our bodies.

over time, these foods destroy our bodies. we end up with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and all sorts of other diseases. we then have to take all sorts of drugs to try to deal with these issues. those drugs have their side effects - it's like you try to contain one flood but still have to deal with a smaller flood that results as a side effect. if we're lucky, we only end up dead.

so, was ignoring proper care and nutrition for our bodies worth getting ahead of some other rodents? can we really enjoy the few extra dollars we may have made if we don't have good health?

consider this perspective - we don't buy and use "fast bags." we know they're out there. they take less time to make. they even cost less. they're plentifully available.

but we don't buy them.

why?

because we know that they are made with materials of lesser quality.

we know that the stitching will probably start to fall apart in a year.

we know that they probably won't be as comfortable to carry.

we know that customer support will leave something to be desired.

if we are so particular about the bag we use, about what we want to put our things in, then why are we willing to put just about anything into our bodies?

okay, sorry for the rant. i'll stop. :)
    -m

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Good for you, maverick. I'm doing a similar kind of thing -- mostly vegan (eating some local goat cheese) and lots and lots of raw vegetables and fruits. Maybe we should start a new thread!
    maverick and ncb4 like this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Okay, I started the whole "gateway drug/addiction" thing and am feeling a twinge of remorse for the wording. Please forgive me. I'm trying to think of something more appropriate and less negative as I'm wondering, "where oh where is that UPS truck"?!!!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dmilem View Post
    Okay, I started the whole "gateway drug/addiction" thing and am feeling a twinge of remorse for the wording. Please forgive me. I'm trying to think of something more appropriate and less negative as I'm wondering, "where oh where is that UPS truck"?!!!
    aww, that's okay dmilem. at least, i didn't take any offense to it. :)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Good for you, maverick. I'm doing a similar kind of thing -- mostly vegan (eating some local goat cheese) and lots and lots of raw vegetables and fruits. Maybe we should start a new thread!
    that's awesome, darcy!! yes, we'll start a new thread :)
    ncb4 likes this.
    -m

Quote Originally Posted by dmilem View Post
    Don't feel bad! I don't think anyone took offense; and many of us have used the same wording before. I think we all have a great sense of humor here. Meanwhile, I'm with you about that UPS truck: though in my case it's not scheduled to arrive until next Tuesday. Is your new Cardinal/Hemp Imago due to arrive today? I'm so envious.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I'm in awe of your will power. Although I'm also a vegetarian, I don't think I could do as well with my diet as you are. Now let's see who picks up on your beet juice art idea and is the first one to experiment with their Linen Cordura TB bag.
    You guys are killing me with the beet juice on Linen! I want to go home and hugs all my TB bags and whisper, "No no no, babies, nobody is going to put juice on you, there there, it's okay, don't worry, momma's here, momma won't let any beet juice get near you...."

And I don't even have anything in Linen yet!
    maverick and Just like this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    You guys are killing me with the beet juice on Linen! I want to go home and hugs all my TB bags and whisper, "No no no, babies, nobody is going to put juice on you, there there, it's okay, don't worry, momma's here, momma won't let any beet juice get near you...."

And I don't even have anything in Linen yet!
    sorry - i didn't mean to cause any anxiety... :)

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    sorry - i didn't mean to cause any anxiety... :)
    ***narrows eyes***

I'm watching you, @maverick.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    if we are so particular about the bag we use, about what we want to put our things in, then why are we willing to put just about anything into our bodies?
    I like this - it's really food for thought!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftistelf View Post
    Wouldn't a CAMERA INSERT look great in that bag, Darcy? :)

I have a both a full rangefinder and DSLR kit to slide into one of my 3 or four Tom Bihn bags, if they only had some additional protection....

*polite nudge*
    It would! The Camera Insert that Tom is working on right now is much larger, though -- it would fit in the Brain Bag or Smart Alec, but not the Medium Cafe Bag. I'm sure, though, as soon as the Camera Insert is introduced, other sizes of it will eventually follow.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0