Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By plainsong

Thread: New to the forums: iPad Ristretto Awesomeness here

Thumbs up New to the forums: iPad Ristretto Awesomeness here

Hi everyone, it looks like my long search for the perfect iPad bag is over. I don't want to mention brand names, but I've tried some mighty expensive bags that while well made, were not as well thought out as the Ristretto. I just always passed the ristretto by because I thought it wouldn't hold everything I needed. It seemed to only fit an iPad and keyboard in it's main compartment. I need enough room for B&W p5 headphones in there as well. Those are my favorite portable headphones, can't live without em. :)

My first TB bag was the Imago, so I should have figured out the Ristretto would be what I need. The Imago is basically everything I ever dreamed of in a messenger bag. Why would the Ristretto be any different?

So here are some pics I posted to my flickr stream. This handy little Ristretto, being smaller than my purse that would never hold any of this, holds:

Whats in the bag:

Main compartment:

• iPad 2, B&W p5 headphones, keyboard, Tom Bihn clear pouch or padded pouch, depending on if I need the camera more or wallet more, keys. (safety flashlight on the way)

Zipped compartment:

• Camera in padded pouch or clear pouch, Microfiber cloth, passport, sd card dock for ipad, Small Leatherman and small serated Spyderco Ladybug, Lamy pen refill.

Organizer pockets:

• iPhone 4, tiny Moleskine - Lamy Pico - Spyderco Caly III knife in one pocket, Online highway rollerball pen, Alupen stylus.

Below the organizer pockets:

• Maui Jim Island Time sunglasses, re-wetting drops for contacts.

But this bag doesn't hold much. ;)

Doxie not included. ;)

As you guys know, thanks to the pouches, that's not the only way to organize things by a long way, but whichever way is best at the time, it all fits. I did treat myself to the Absolute strap. My shoulders are wimpy and I got spoiled by it with the Imago. This haul is too heavy in most bags, but the Ristretto doesn't waste a lot of weight on itself. It's nothing to carry really.

I have a wallet and safety light on the way. It's midsummer here in Finland tomorrow, and as they say, winter is coming. ;)

So my lesson is learned. If I want a useful bag that is perfectly thought out, just by a Tom Bihn the first time around! :)

Volunteer Moderator
    Great pictures (even if Doxie isn't included in the items that fit in the Ristretto). My Ristretto for iPad is also Cocoa, but with Olive interior. I notice that you have the same Blue Alupen stylus for the iPad that I use. This is the best of the different stylus models I've tried. I'd add a few more organizer pouches ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Great pictures (even if Doxie isn't included in the items that fit in the Ristretto). My Ristretto for iPad is also Cocoa, but with Olive interior. I notice that you have the same Blue Alupen stylus for the iPad that I use. This is the best of the different stylus models I've tried. I'd add a few more organizer pouches ;-).
    Pixie could fit, but she would be none too happy about it! :)

I've got a wallet on the way, so that's one more right there. I also have a longer pen-sized one in the Imago that I could reach for if needed.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0