Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: My Tom Bihn collection

Quote Originally Posted by doornum3 View Post
    Here's my collection, first in the storage containers I use to keep them dust-free, and then displayed, with Jeff's supervision:

Tom Bihn collection in storage by doornum3, on Flickr

Tom Bihn collection by doornum3, on Flickr
    Oooh..I really like the kiwi kit. I think I'm going to order one in the new Navy color. I also like the Swifts but I think I need to pace myself since I just got my Ego.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Here's my collection, first in the storage containers I use to keep them dust-free, and then displayed, with Jeff's supervision:

Tom Bihn collection in storage by doornum3, on Flickr

Tom Bihn collection by doornum3, on Flickr
    What an adorable pup! Is it sad that I know exactly who you are based on the photo of your bag collection?
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

All that Wasabi gave it away, Katy! :-D
    --------
    Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Co-Pilot, Super Ego, Ego, Imago, Swifts (both sizes), Citizen Canines, Shop Bags (both sizes), Cache (iPad mini), Side Effects, Snake Charmer, Organizer Cubes, Kit, Lights, Packing Cubes, Stuff Sacks, Organizer Pouches, Travel Trays.

It did indeed! :)
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Awesome bag stash, you make the Kiwi look so sexy, and I agree, Jeff is a great supervisor! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see your Navy LS!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Thanks! Jeff was *hounding* me for a c-o-o-k-i-e and couldn't understand why all the fuss over bags!
    --------
    Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Co-Pilot, Super Ego, Ego, Imago, Swifts (both sizes), Citizen Canines, Shop Bags (both sizes), Cache (iPad mini), Side Effects, Snake Charmer, Organizer Cubes, Kit, Lights, Packing Cubes, Stuff Sacks, Organizer Pouches, Travel Trays.

Lovely collection and adorable pup, can you tell us more about Jeff?

How old is he, where did you got him from?
    Last edited by backpack; 05-21-2011 at 04:17 AM.

My collection isn't nearly as extensive as your guys's, and my digital camera isn't as good, but I figured I'd join in with the funness.

Clockwise, from lower left:

• Smart Alec in Black/Indigo
    • Small Organizer Pouch in Solar
    • Crimson Key Strap
    • Ristretto for iPad in Plum/Wasabi, with an Absolute strap
    • Snake Charmer in Cayenne
    • Western Flyer in Indigo/Solar
    • Kit in Indigo
    • FOT Pouch
    • Small Cafe Bag in Navy/Wasabi
    • 3D Clear Organizer Cube in Indigo
    • Vertical Size 1 Brain Cell in Wasabi

Not pictured: My Olive wallet, which was inside the Ristretto (whoops!).

Wonderful collection, Gabe! And a great shot of it as well. I especially like your wasabi items... :-D
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Lovely collection and adorable pup, can you tell us more about Jeff?

How old is he, where did you got him from?
    Oh, you want me to talk about Jeff? If I MUST! lol

He's my red brindle Cairn Terrier and I've had him since he was 5 weeks old (he'll be 8 on 9/11/2011). We got him from a perfectly awful breeder, we found out later, who irresponsibly let his parents continue to create pups with a genetic skin disorder called ichthyosis, where the skin comes off in large patches instead of tiny flakes and causes a whole host of other problems. It's incurable, so we've spent a fortune keeping him healthy with the help of the doctors at Texas A&M university who first identified ichthyosis as a disease. He has just about every allergy/skin problem you can imagine. But he is definitely the love of my life and I'd marry him if I wasn't already married to Hubby. Because of his skin problems (which flared up to epic proportions recently), we've trimmed him down from the normal Cairn cut. I was worried he would be upset about it, but he loves his new look and has become more puppy-like lately. I think he finally feels good! Our lives revolve around Jeff and our other 5 dogs which include a 4 year old Cairn named Carmen (the problem child), and 4 rescues. Savannah and Mary Jane are catahoulas, Amelia is a black Lab, and Girlie Dog is an ancient lab/spaniel mix we found after a really bad storm. She had been washed down the creek bed nearby and was lying in the middle of the road looking like she wanted to die. We brought her home and (halfheartedly) tried to find her previous owners. She had been terribly neglected and was full of heartworms and her ears are permanently disfigured from shaking her head because they bothered her. She must have been 11-12 years old and we've now had her for 2 years. She is completely deaf and arthritic. But in December I talked to Sonya Fitzpatrick (the Pet Psychic... one who had the series on Animal Planet) about all our dogs, and Girlie spoke up first to say that she never realized how happy a dog could be and that she is the boss and helps me out around the house and can run very fast. She also said that Carmen is rude and greedy, which hits the nail on the head.

All our pets are named after songs/artists that we favor... Jeff is named for Jeff Lynne of Electric Light Orchestra!
    --------

All our pets are named after songs/artists that we favor... Jeff is named for Jeff Lynne of Electric Light Orchestra!

E.L.O. (One of my favourite's too!)

Thank you for the details, I so enjoy reading about and seeing pictures of beloved pets. A blessing in our lives - to comes home to an animal that depends on us! Although heart breaking story - to learn of Girlie dog and how her life must have been like up until being graced by your finding her! Now look how she is so happy! Plus poor Jeff...I've never heard of that skin disease and the tragedy is also that the "breeders" continued !

For your bag collection - those Swift's, ever so tempting!

Gabe - your camera does a great job copturing the brilliance of the Indigo colour!

Note to self - to add to my own collection!
    Last edited by Maria; 05-21-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: How come I don't notice all the type-o's before I press send?

Dear Doornum3,

Would you mind sharing pictures of the other dogs? :)

Kudos to you and hubby for saving so many doggies! :)

Maybe we should have a dog thread? :)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    Oooh..I really like the kiwi kit. I think I'm going to order one in the new Navy color. I also like the Swifts but I think I need to pace myself since I just got my Ego.
    The Kiwi Kit goes really well with both Indigo and, at a guess based on the pictures and color swatch I have, the new Navy.

Wonderful collection, Gabe! And a great shot of it as well. I especially like your wasabi items... :-D
    Agreed, and by the way, when I requested my navy ballistic color swatch I suggested that a new ballistic Imago combination in Navy/Cork/Wasabi would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Gabe - your camera does a great job copturing the brilliance of the Indigo colour!
    Gabe's pictures should definitely be complimented for showing off the color of Indigo, which seems to be amazingly hard to display well on web pages. I've got both the Indigo Kit shown in his picture, and the Kiwi Kit shown in Doornum3's picture (amid the staggeringly fine collection Swifts!), and I really recommend the Kiwi color combination for use with Indigo and Navy. I usually pack the Kiwi Kit with my Indigo Synapse. The shape of the Kit seems particularly well suited for use with the interior of the Synapse. I also use the 3D Clear organizer cubes with that bag, and yes, I have one in Indigo (and Plum and Steel).

@ moriond I agree, I think the Imago would look fantastic in the Navy/Cork/Wasabi!! If I'm not mistaken I believe in the Blog section the navy kit's pic was taken sitting on top of some cork fabric & it looks sharp together. I would love to get an Imago in that combination.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

I'd love to see a Black/Cork/Iberian (my first choice), Black/Cork/Cayenne, Black/Cork/Kiwi, or BlacK/Cork/Wasabi combination for the Imago. I love the idea of a staid looking black bag with a hint of sustainability from the cork in the flap and a nice bright color hiding inside.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0