Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Packed for the Hospital

Congratulations Janine! Such lovely First Mother's Day pictures!

Thank You for sharing :)

Congratulations Janine! They are gorgeous :)

Beautiful babies Janine!

Congratulations! Handsome young boys.

The boys are 7 weeks old and I'm still loving the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag as a small diaper bag. Last night it held two bottles, a container of pre-measured formula, 6 diapers, 2 onesies, a packet of wipes, 2 disposable changing pads, a bulb syringe, and a bottle of hand sanitizer. When I need more stuff (extra blankets and whatnot), I toss it in a large tote bag and add the extra items to the tote. The only thing that could be better is if this bag came in blue or green because all my other baby stuff is one of those colors, and I do so love my accessories to match. :)

Yet another use for the PCSB: I adapted @dorayme's handlebar bag idea to make a parent-stuff-carrier for the stroller. Two long key straps, one on each side, hold a PCSB nicely on the stroller handles and keep mom's wallet and cell phone handy.

I need to make a little photo album dedicated to the greatness of this little bag. It's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Yet another use for the PCSB: I adapted @dorayme's handlebar bag idea to make a parent-stuff-carrier for the stroller. Two long key straps, one on each side, hold a PCSB nicely on the stroller handles and keep mom's wallet and cell phone handy.

I need to make a little photo album dedicated to the greatness of this little bag. It's awesome!
    Don't forget to include pictures of the family!

You are all so handsome!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Don't forget to include pictures of the family!

You are all so handsome!
    Thanks! I like to think my family will be like the people in Lake Wobegon: the women strong, the men good-looking, and the children above average. :)

Here's a shot of my little Oscar and the PCSB on the stroller, a la @dorayme's handlebar bag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Beautiful picture! Thank You for taking the time to share with us Loverly Oscar and the setup with the PCSB!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Awwww, Oscar is such a cutie! And I never thought of using the PCSB as a stroller bag, but what a great idea!!! Using key straps to attach bags to fixed objects opens so many possibilities. I bet they could also make great walker and motorized scooter bags attached similarly!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Can't. Stop. Photographing. Bags. On. Strollers.

This is the maiden voyage of my brand new Indigo Side Effect. @dorayme sold me on it when she used hers as a handlebar bag! I adore Indigo, it's such a bright and rich blue. Here you see it carrying my phone, a Vera Bradley zip coin purse with my cards and folding money, a Vera Bradley kisslock with my coins, a small bottle of hand sanitizer, a tube of lip balm, and my iPod and headphones.

Daddy and I bought a new double stroller for the twins. It fits the car seats and converts so that bigger kids can ride in it. Knowing we'll use it for a few years justified buying new. But I had a niggling thought that single strollers would have a use, too, so we picked two up second-hand for a song, knowing we could sell them again for the same price if they didn't work out. Today was the maiden voyage of the two single strollers as well, and it was fantastic! Everything I hoped it would be and more. The singles are a lot more nimble than the double. We raced 'em (Daddy won, he has longer legs).

The spot where this photo was taken is on the corner next to where he and I work. We each pushed a kid to that corner. I'm still out on maternity leave so I turned around and pushed my baby home, but he pushed his in to work with him. That's one of the great things about living just a mile from one's place of employment - walking when the weather is nice.

So today is a big day of firsts: first trip with the Side Effect, first trip with both single strollers, first time the kids have been separated. And let me tell you, as great as the Side Effect is, it's nothing compared to only having to mind one baby. I feel like I can do anything! I'm invincible! ;-)
    Last edited by Janine; 06-24-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Have I told you lately how much I love using a PCSB as a little diaper bag? Here it is, on the seat of the Swagger Wagon:

And a peek inside:

Contents:

- 2 bottles
    - 2 pacifiers
    - 2 containers of pre-measured formula
    - 2 burp cloths
    - 4 disposable diapers
    - packet of wipes
    - disposable changing pad
    - wet bag
    - 2 onesies

Compulsory pictures of my little men:

Do you think that this thread will eventually have pictures of the PCSB I packed for their high school graduations? Hahahah!

Do you think that this thread will eventually have pictures of the PCSB I packed for their high school graduations? Hahahah!
    Baby's first step photos too please! :)
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Have I told you lately how much I love using a PCSB as a little diaper bag? Here it is, on the seat of the Swagger Wagon:
    Dang it! It won't let me spam the Like button to add more on the like tally!!! Ooo we'll do it Google-style. +1!!!! Click click click click click click.
    Janine likes this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0