Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Snake Charmer

Quote Originally Posted by rlandis View Post
    ...the culprit is the long 3 pronged cord from MBP pwr supply to the wall....as you all know, I don't have to use that extension, and can just plug the brick into the wall.Do most of you carry that cord, or do you just plug the brick directly??
    Hi, rlandis...
    In all the years since that type of power adapter has been made by our favorite fruit vendor, I have always used the power cord attached. More versatile. I find that the latest ones (made in the previous two years or so) are made of some kind of stiffer rubbery material and are now more difficult to coil up. (I use a TB Kit to store it... I also love the Snake Charmer - it was my first TB product years ago). I've now swapped out the new cords with the older ones which were easier to handle and pack.

FWIW, I use a Super Ego for all my tech gear ... then again, I'm in the Apple support and consulting business.

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

Quote Originally Posted by cucciasv View Post
    Hi, rlandis...
    In all the years since that type of power adapter has been made by our favorite fruit vendor, I have always used the power cord attached. More versatile. I find that the latest ones (made in the previous two years or so) are made of some kind of stiffer rubbery material and are now more difficult to coil up. (I use a TB Kit to store it... I also love the Snake Charmer - it was my first TB product years ago). I've now swapped out the new cords with the older ones which were easier to handle and pack.

FWIW, I use a Super Ego for all my tech gear ... then again, I'm in the Apple support and consulting business.

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

thank you for your input. I'm trying to make decisions for best option for EDC. Too many options.
    Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

Hmm. Would a kindle fit in one of the pockets? Much as I love my Smart Alec, sometimes the airlines put those %^($ video systems under the seat, which takes up half the space and means that no backpack would fit. I think this problem is finally beginning to fix itself (as they install smaller entertainment systems) but in the meantime, sometimes I have to put my Smart Alec in the overhead bin, which means pulling out all the stuff I need in flight. Since those tend to be 10-15 hour flights, that's a lot of stuff! If it's possible to fit Kindle and iPad chargers in one side (less often used in flight, but often used in the lounge before hand) and a Kindle int he other, with earplugs, lipbalm, eyeshade and inflatable pillow (and maybe socks) where they fit best, that would be extremely handy. I could even clip on my knitting stuff sack, and thus have everything *but* the iPad in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by dichroic View Post
    Hmm. Would a kindle fit in one of the pockets?
    No, I don't think it would, sadly, though I could experiment once I get home. What might make more sense is a stuff sack with organizer pouches. You could put the chargers in a small pouch and the lip balm, etc., in another small pouch. I have a large yarn stuff sack and all your items would fit in there with no problem; you could even clip the OPs to the yarn feed ring to keep them easy to access.

The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag is a great solution for "stuff to put under those airlines entertainment box", all around great Packing Cube, minimalist photo/video/audio box for field work, light weight purse, inner compartment for Swifts and Shop Bags...

The latest use is waist pack for workout, fitted with a Waist Strap it holds a Nexus and similarly sized items, all kind of plugs as well as other stuff.

Based on my use, all the things you describe would fit, using a Steel Packing Cube Shoulder Bag with the Waist Strap gives it an immediate masculine look.
    The bag is used by... my husband, who is experiencing first hand the versatility of Tom Bihn products as he is also borrowing a Medium Padded Pouch.

The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, like everything in Everyday Dyneema, is very lightweight and packable, it has 2 zippers, one for a long front pocket. Organizing things is very easy with the help of pouches in all kind of colors and configurations.

I have used my Cafe Bags under the seat. But that was before I read about the state of airlines under the seat cleanliness or lack thereof in this very forum, I think it is in the "Not about Bag thread".

Now, with Tom and the Crew making Travel Dyneema, the under seat bag of choice is going to be made of easy to clean Dyneema.
    Last edited by backpack; 11-15-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0