Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My New Imago

My New Imago

Here are some pics I took recently of my new Imago (Black/Black/Steel).
    I've posted a few times on the blog already, but I've fairly new to the Tom Bihn world. I only heard about them at the beginning of Feb. It's amazing the little world of TB that I had no idea about.
    I've needed a new messenger bag to replace my old one. It was from Aeropostale, and compared to the Imago, nothing special at all. I got my Imago, along with 2 Aeronauts (1 for me, 1 for my wife), on Valentine's Day.

I'm a teacher and use a messenger bag often, usually stuffed with grading, books, and other things. Here are a few pics of what I've been using my Imago for since I got it.

Another front view by teacherman2011, on Flickr

Inside by teacherman2011, on Flickr

Ultrasuede Pocket by teacherman2011, on Flickr

Upclose Logo by teacherman2011, on Flickr

Side View by teacherman2011, on Flickr

All that fits inside. by teacherman2011, on Flickr

Total Package by teacherman2011, on Flickr

Hope this helps. Have a great week!

teacherman

Great photos, teacherman.

I hope you enjoy your Imago - I really love mine!

Volunteer Moderator
    hi teacherman!

thank you for sharing the lovely pictures!

is that a 15" macbook pro you have in the imago? i know the 15" macbook pro in the cache won't fit in the imago. but i can't help but feel concerned that there is no protective sleeve around it.

Hey Maverick,
    Thanks for your concern! It's actually the new 13" MBP; I got it last Friday after the refresh came out. First time Mac user, and I am wondering why I hadn't switched sooner...oh well!
    I just ordered the cache Sunday night and it should be on my doorstep Monday afternoon. In the meantime, I just make sure nothing is bumping up against it. I usually take it with me to the local coffee shop, so there's not much opportunity for great damage during the walk from my car door to my favorite table. However, I am very anxious for the cache to come because of the protection it will offer AND to just to open another TB package (along with the Ultrasuede cloth and various organizer pouches!). It's like Christmas! I'm already checking the UPS status hourly, just to see how much closer it is. My wife says I'm addicted; I tell her I just appreciate quality! Haha!

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherman View Post
    My wife says I'm addicted!
    It's a recognised medical condition 'mantica-pendeosity' :-)

Hey Maverick,
    Thanks for your concern! It's actually the new 13" MBP; I got it last Friday after the refresh came out. First time Mac user, and I am wondering why I hadn't switched sooner...oh well!
    I just ordered the cache Sunday night and it should be on my doorstep Monday afternoon. In the meantime, I just make sure nothing is bumping up against it. I usually take it with me to the local coffee shop, so there's not much opportunity for great damage during the walk from my car door to my favorite table. However, I am very anxious for the cache to come because of the protection it will offer AND to just to open another TB package (along with the Ultrasuede cloth and various organizer pouches!). It's like Christmas! I'm already checking the UPS status hourly, just to see how much closer it is. My wife says I'm addicted; I tell her I just appreciate quality! Haha!
    Ok, Phew! I still get anxious when I think back about the day I didn't have my Brain Cell for my MacBook Pro.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Funny, I went for years with no protection whatsoever for my laptop, and never worried. Now, like Katy, I'd die of worry if my MacBoo Pro or iPad were to be naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Ok, Phew! I still get anxious when I think back about the day I didn't have my Brain Cell for my MacBook Pro.
    What happened, Katy? And since you've made that comment, I've been SO CAREFUL with my Macbook. Can't wait for that cache to come in.

What happened, Katy? And since you've made that comment, I've been SO CAREFUL with my Macbook. Can't wait for that cache to come in.
    Nothing really, I just get anxious thinking about not having it nestled in its Brain Cell.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Great photos, I also have a new imago athough in cocoa/wasabi, I really like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilar View Post
    Great photos, I also have a new imago athough in cocoa/wasabi, I really like it!
    Yes! I saw your pics the other day. I love that Wasabi interior. It looks so nice.
    I'm new to the TB world too. Congrats! Any future orders? I'm already eyeing the ID for when I need a little more room, like when I have papers to grade/books to study.

I am eyeing the travel bags and the cafe bags, I cannot decide which size though :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilar View Post
    I am eyeing the travel bags and the cafe bags, I cannot decide which size though :-)
    Ah, that old chestnut!

OK, teacherman... You may have pushed me over the edge. I'm about to buy an 11" Air and (poor me) my Tom Bihn ID just seems a bit to big these days...

I'm a school principal and 9 times out of 10 I'm not hauling my (work) 13" MacBook Pro around because (again, poor me...) it's just too heavy. I'm also a PhD student so a couple nights a week I have to toss in a textbook or two along with my iPad and some folders.

I imagine with an 11" Air I'd carry it a whole lot more. And since it's so much smaller, I could easily get everything into the Imago.
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

Talking Take the Plunge!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottE22 View Post
    OK, teacherman... You may have pushed me over the edge. I'm about to buy an 11" Air and (poor me) my Tom Bihn ID just seems a bit to big these days...

I'm a school principal and 9 times out of 10 I'm not hauling my (work) 13" MacBook Pro around because (again, poor me...) it's just too heavy. I'm also a PhD student so a couple nights a week I have to toss in a textbook or two along with my iPad and some folders.

I imagine with an 11" Air I'd carry it a whole lot more. And since it's so much smaller, I could easily get everything into the Imago.

Do it! I just got a Ristretto for my 13" and it will be my computer and a book only type of bag. The Imago I will use much more extensively. It's roomy enough to fit my computer, a binder, a couple of books, my grading for two classes, and my journal. My wife just got the olive/cork/steel imago which is the 1000 cordura, and mine is the 1050 black; both are nice but the 1050 just looks more professional for business/school settings.

Let me know when and if you take the plunge--and pics too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0