Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My New Imago

So I stand at the precipice and you push? Well played! ;)

I did look a bit at the Ristretto, but I'm thinking it's almost too small. I'm about 6'4" and I don't want it to be too "purse-like."

I am partial to messenger bags over, say, backpacks as I do think they look a little more professional. But that's just my opinion -- people need to use what works!
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottE22 View Post
    So I stand at the precipice and you push? Well played! ;)

I did look a bit at the Ristretto, but I'm thinking it's almost too small. I'm about 6'4" and I don't want it to be too "purse-like."

I am partial to messenger bags over, say, backpacks as I do think they look a little more professional. But that's just my opinion -- people need to use what works!
    I'm only 6'2", but well ... as my moniker suggests ... 'well built' and I think both my Ristretto's (13" and iPad) look great on, and I actually think that the smaller one looks more of an everyday 'man-bag'. But then I rather fancy an Imago too! The Ristrettos, when fully loaded, are as heavy as I'd want to haul around everyday, but there are certainly times when being able to fit in a bit more would be nice.

Eric

Before I bought my Imago I had a look at the Ristrettos as well, they do look very attractive but I prefer the versatility of the Imago because I don't always need to carry my laptop with me.

Well, dang. The color of the Imago I wanted is on backorder until May. (May?!?)

I may snag a Cache for now and keep using the ID and see how things go. I'm also now going back and forth on the 11" Air vs the 13" i5 Pro. I really, really want the Air, but in my family we tend to be on a 4-year "replacement cycle" with laptops and I'm nervous about the Air being a machine that can keep up with OS X upgrades for four more years...

I've got my hand on the American Express card and I can't make a decision...
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottE22 View Post
    Well, dang. The color of the Imago I wanted is on backorder until May. (May?!?)

I may snag a Cache for now and keep using the ID and see how things go. I'm also now going back and forth on the 11" Air vs the 13" i5 Pro. I really, really want the Air, but in my family we tend to be on a 4-year "replacement cycle" with laptops and I'm nervous about the Air being a machine that can keep up with OS X upgrades for four more years...

I've got my hand on the American Express card and I can't make a decision...
    I would go 13". More power and still extremely portable!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I have owned a Macbook Pro (13") and currently own an 11" MB Air. I love the Air - for me, it beats the MB Pro hands down. If you carry your laptop a lot or do a lot of travel, the 2.5 lb difference is real and quite noticeable as you haul things across large airports. For what I do, the Air is ideal. The speed is fine, the screen resolution is excellent but there is less screen real estate. I do not miss the optical drive and the storage is fine for my needs. For anything that might exceed the available storage, I use an external hard drive.

If you are doing a lot of graphic/photo/video intensive work, the MB Pro would likely be a better choice. If you need an SD slot or need firewire or thunderbolt, the MB Pro is a better coice for you.

Finally, if you opt for a MB Air and can wait a couple of months, there are rumors that the MB Air line will be refreshed in April/May. (These are only RUMORS - the current line was introduced in October so an April/May refresh would be a bit soon in my opinion - but Apple does what it wants, when it wants.)

Either way you go, you will not be disappointed - both are excellent machines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0