Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: the aeronaut and synapse on a trip to india via frankfurt, germany

Great story and photos. The Aeronaut's a great bags.

Wonderful photos, maverick. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

It only took me two trips to Europe (solo) with a wheeled suitcase to realize that traveling would be much easier and I would be much happier if I packed light, carried it all on, and carried it on my back. I won't go back to wheeled luggage unless/until I absolutely have to.

Experience is often the best teacher - as I think your friend would agree.

Great story and pics, nice to hear/read theres another convert and just goes to prove that carry on is easier for some people.

How would you carry both of those bags at the same time, the Aeronaut and Synapse?
    Last edited by steeps; 09-24-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steeps View Post
    How would you carry both of those bags at the same time, the Aeronaut and Synapse?
    Off the top of my head:
    1) Aeronaut w/Absolute Strap and Synpase on back
    2) Aeronaut w/backpack straps and Synapse in hand
    3) Aeronaut w/backpack straps on back and Synapse on front (like carrying a baby, except it's your stuff)
    jea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Off the top of my head:
    3) Aeronaut w/backpack straps on back and Synapse on front (like carrying a baby, except it's your stuff)
    I did this with my Tri-Star and a backpack in Alaska last summer. It was surprisingly comfortable!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I did this with my Tri-Star and a backpack in Alaska last summer. It was surprisingly comfortable!
    I've done this numerous times with a variety of different bags (including my old 65L backpacker's backpack). If you have good bags, it is pretty comfortable and actually somewhat balances you out from all of the weight typically on your back. The only real downside to this is if you're doing it in a hot country... You're the meat in a not-so-greatly-ventilating bag sandwich. I already get a bag case of the sweaty back when I've got a fullish load in my Aeronaut and use the backpack straps for a moderate walk.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Travel Tray (Iberian), organizer wallet (Wasabi), passport pouch (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps
    Ordered: Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet)
    Want: EVERYTHING.

Thanks for the ideas so far. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Funny this thread has just been bumped - I've just started planning a trip to DEL for December! Good to know about the very strict carry-on restrictions. I hope to have a Synapse 25 by then, and to be traveling without my laptop (gulp!).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0