Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator

the imago at philadelphia's 30th street train station and aboard the amtrak

taken on my trip to philadelphia today...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Volunteer Moderator
    the imago is a great little bag for a day trip for meetings. you can wear it and quickly forget that it's there - it's as if the imago becomes a part of you.

as is often the case, not all of my meetings today were in one conference room, and i really liked that the imago packed and unpacked quickly as i moved from the first room to the second.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Stop it you wicked tempter! I do like the Imago and I'd quite like one for the day's when the Ristretto just isn't quite commodious enough. The cost of the bag is quite reasonable, but the divorce might leave me a little short ... I think I'll leave it for today.

Great pictures though! Both the Imago and the train station are very impressive.

Eric

I love your pictures, Maverick. My eyes had trouble figuring out the perspective on the first photo and my first impression was that the Imago was HUGE. It's probably too early for me. I must need another glass of orange juice. :)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    and my first impression was that the Imago was HUGE
    always trust your first impressions - they are usually correct.

perhaps the biggest kept secret at tom bihn is that the imago is a HUGE messenger bag! those who have one know that you can pack a little person in there! ;)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    Stop it you wicked tempter! I do like the Imago and I'd quite like one for the day's when the Ristretto just isn't quite commodious enough. The cost of the bag is quite reasonable, but the divorce might leave me a little short ... I think I'll leave it for today.

Great pictures though! Both the Imago and the train station are very impressive.

Eric
    oh no - i don't want to see any families broken up over a picture! :o

we have a concept of checkmarks and x's in our home. you do something bad - you get an x. you do something good - and i mean it's gotta be going above and beyond the norm good - not just eating your kale and green chard - you get a checkmark.

a checkmark earns you a surprise. an x means you lose something (usually a toy). an x will also negate a checkmark you've earned.

so discuss this with your wife and then think about what you can do to earn a checkmark or two...

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    those who have one know that you can pack a little person in there! ;)
    It looks like you can pack a gang of full-size people and maybe half a kiosk in there! :)

The Imago's on my List, but I'm waiting for new color choices to show up on the website. Waiting paid off for the Co-Pilot; my dream combination was steel/ultraviolet and I pre-ordered one the day that combo was announced. This was a good thing - I'm not usually a patient person - but now I see the benefits of (occasionally) waiting.

Smile I love my Imago

It is the perfect work bag for me, since I don't have to carry a laptop and I don't have to take work home often. It will hold all my everyday stuff, including my lunch and water bottle, and my Nook, which I take everywhere, and still have room for my camera or a couple of small purchases. I can carry a binder with papers or music for an after-work meeting or rehearsal in the back pocket, and I can even stash a jacket or sweater under the flap, since the strap on the buckle is expandable.

Since I wanted a bit of color, I got the Plum/Olive/Olive incarnation - a good choice!

Smile Just got my Imago--Small bag with a big punch!

I just got my Imago this past Monday (it was a nice Valentine's day gift!). I gave a quick review the other day of that and the Aeronauts my wife and I ordered.
    The bag, at first glance, was smaller than what I am accustomed to; I've been using a canvas-style messenger bag that was large, but not well-built, and not even close to being as well-designed as the Imago.
    That night I packed SO much into that little bag. It truly surprised me. I even fit my 15" Vaio inside, even though I know it's not the ideal size. It fit with tons of room left over. The standard strap is well made too; I've been pleasantly surprised. And the ballistic nylon, DANG! The material is so flippin' nice! Sturdy, yet stylish.

For those that are on the edge, I highly recommend getting one!

Hey are those the lillitputians that Eric was talking about in the background? I'm thinking of ordering some. I'm not sure I would return them for the deposit tho' they would be just too darn useful (and that's aside from providing hours of entertainment for the cats!).

oh no - i don't want to see any families broken up over a picture! :o

we have a concept of checkmarks and x's in our home. you do something bad - you get an x. you do something good - and i mean it's gotta be going above and beyond the norm good - not just eating your kale and green chard - you get a checkmark.

a checkmark earns you a surprise. an x means you lose something (usually a toy). an x will also negate a checkmark you've earned.

so discuss this with your wife and then think about what you can do to earn a checkmark or two...
    Don't worry, my wife is the best! We've been married almost 23 years. She didn't divorce me when I brought home a brand new 6,500 ($10,000) motorcycle, unannounced, so another $120 bag should be OK! Mind you, I might just leave it a couple of weeks, just to be on the safe side!

I'm not totally selfish, I know when I'm on to a good thing and always make sure she knows she's appreciated ... I bought her a new convertible the week before I bought the bike!

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    Hey are those the lillitputians that Eric was talking about in the background? I'm thinking of ordering some. I'm not sure I would return them for the deposit tho' they would be just too darn useful (and that's aside from providing hours of entertainment for the cats!).
    Now I can't find it, but I'm sure I just read a post earlier from Darcy or Katy saying they could fit a small person in their Imago ... how did they know that I wonder? Could a new announcement be imminent?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    I bought her a new convertible the week before I bought the bike!
    so which tom bihn bag are you going to get her before (or at the same time as) you get the imago? :D

Well , I ordered mine yesterday! I got the Black/Black/Steel. I was looking for something a little bigger then my Ristretto and this seems it will work. Since I quite smoking this week, I figured that this would be a great gift for my accomplishment!

Now I will have a total of 6 Tom Bihn bags... pretty soon, at this rate, I'll have them all!. LOL.

- Medium Cafe
    - Synapse
    - Brain Bag
    - Aeronaut
    - Ristretto
    - On Tuesday - Imago
    - Of course lots of pouches and accessories!

so which tom bihn bag are you going to get her before (or at the same time as) you get the imago? :D
    It depends how my Aeronaut works out next week. It could be another Aeronaut, or else it'll be a Tri-Star. I bought her a new Fossil handbag in tan leather between my iPad Ristretto and my Aeronaut. Its more her style, and there is no point to try and swim against the flow!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0