Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wennefer

Thread: Tom Bihn bags in airport

Tom Bihn bags in airport

For the past few weeks I've been making 2-5 day trips using my Imago, Western Flyer, and side Effect. The Imago carries my iPad, 13" MacBook Air (in its Cache), folders in a large organizer pouch, and various chargers, etc. in organizer pouches. The Western Flyer has my clothing, toiletries in a 3-D Organizer Cube, and my Swift (for carrying things around when I don't want the computer, which stays in the Imago). And the Side Effect is for the essentials in a small package.

The picture shows the bags while I'm waiting at the gate for my flight. Usually the Western Flyer isn't packed to the gills, so I stuff the Side Effect in the zipped up rollerboard pocket to consolidate bags when the the gate agent is being strict about 2 carry-ons. Once on board, I can take it out and put it under my seat with the Imago without holding up the line.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by wennefer; 12-10-2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Uploaded smaller image
    dorayme likes this.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Great photo and post, wennefer. I love the colors of your bags -- they look great together. I posted your photo on the blog today.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Well Darcy, I really need to thank Tom Bihn for a great collection of colors.

My first bag was a Ristretto for iPad, and when I ordered it, there was only one color combination available: Olive/Cayenne (kind of like Henry Ford "You can have the car in any color, as long as it's black", but a nicer color combination :-)). I really love the Olive--it's neutral, yet a rich color with warm overtones. I then bought the Plum Side Effect, which was a bit out of my color comfort zone (I really prefer neutral colors), but it's fun and works so well with Olive. I bought the Crimson Western Flyer because I wanted a distinctive color (so when flight attendants move bags between overheads I'd notice it) and already had a crimson Swiss Army roller tote (so I could just keep track of one color). The Tom Bihn Crimson is very different; it's muted and deeper. I think that's why it goes so well with the other colors.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0