Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: the aeronaut, co-pilot and field journal notebook

Volunteer Moderator
    by the way, it's scary what the co-pilot will hold!

i did a bit of sweets shopping in amritsar before heading back, and i had in the main compartment: a 2kg+ box of gulab jamun (it's a box designed to hold 2kg, but i have them stuff it with as many will fit so they don't move around), a 0.25kg box of cashews, a 190 page hard back book (in a pocket), and miscellaneous papers. in one side compartment: a glass leak proof dish with 0.3kg of ladoos (the dish weighed another 0.3kg, if anyone is keeping track). in the water bottle compartment: 10 38g cadbury chocolate bars, 6 small cadbury 5 star chocolate bars, and a bag full of cadbury eclairs taking up about as much space as the chocolate bars. in the other side compartment: a canon s90 camera in a small padded organizer pouch, shure earbuds in a mini padded organizer pouch. in the back pocket: anti-bacterial wipes.

fortunately, the co-pilot doesn't add all that much weight. but all the stuff i had in there made it quite a pack! thank goodness for the absolute shoulder strap!

for the return, the aeronaut held (as best as i can recall): a crazy creek camping chair, 3 yoga pants, 2 short sleeve t-shirts, 2 long sleeves thermal shirts, a long sleeves shirt, 4 pairs of underwear, 4 pairs of socks, 3 hard back books, a big (but thin) sticker book, 9 cd's, each in its own jewel box, toiletries, my tilley hat, a big men's shawl, a travel clock, a pair of sunglasses in a hard case, and a small shop bag. thank goodness for its wonderful backpack straps!
    Last edited by maverick; 11-02-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    -m

Maverick,
    Thank you for the wonderful photos. I always find your pictures very useful. You are right we should be thankful every day for all we have.
    Happy travels,
    Moose
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    someone's home in the heart of amritsar. we should be thankful for all we have!
    So true, maverick.

And thank you for all of your amazing photos - I'm so glad that you share them with us!
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Thank you for the pictures and the reminder!

Too bad you had to skip the street food. I love street food!
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    Too bad you had to skip the street food. I love street food!
    hehe - i'm not sure how well my digestive system would have handled street food...it's hit or miss, really.

when i go to india, i generally eat at places i know (and hence trust). i don't recall the last time i got an upset stomach while there. still, i see others who go there and take the same (or greater) precautions and still get upset stomachs.

one thing that can be really problematic is tap water. once i'm at my destination there, i am fine with tap water. but while traveling through india, i stick to bottled mineral water.

I have a delicate digestive system, but since it's finicky no matter where I am or what I eat (apparently,) I have been known to take risks! I do avoid tap water, though!
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

hey maverick: fab pictures. and what is the rant about Indira Gandhi airport?
    the head shot there was quite startling: somewhere between sphinx, cleopatra, and indian art!

Great pictures Maverick! Love the India shots, especially the boys selling the street food.

I bet you got some interesting looks taking some of those pictures of the bags, almost like taking pictures of kids, except they don't fuss or complain, and they always seem to be smiling!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
    Great pictures Maverick! Love the India shots, especially the boys selling the street food.

I bet you got some interesting looks taking some of those pictures of the bags, almost like taking pictures of kids, except they don't fuss or complain, and they always seem to be smiling!
    hehe - the only place where people stopped and looked at me curiously was at dulles airport. :)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    hey maverick: fab pictures. and what is the rant about Indira Gandhi airport?
    the head shot there was quite startling: somewhere between sphinx, cleopatra, and indian art!
    heh - i've posted it here in the travel tips forum.

Thank you so much, maverick! Amazing photos! I love "traveling" via photo when I can't travel in person and your photos truly "take us there"!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana8 View Post
    Thank you so much, maverick! Amazing photos! I love "traveling" via photo when I can't travel in person and your photos truly "take us there"!
    i wish i had more time to go around town and get pictures - i enjoyed being able to do that in amsterdam (last year, i think). we're planning a trip to the u.k. in april - i'll get some pictures around town then.

Awesome! I am so looking forward to seeing them!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Maverick

These are great images. Thank you for sharing them. Were these the only bags you took? How full was your Aeronaut? It looks half empty. I am going to Egypt on BA from IAD this month and am deciding what bags to take.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dclawyer View Post
    Maverick

These are great images. Thank you for sharing them. Were these the only bags you took? How full was your Aeronaut? It looks half empty. I am going to Egypt on BA from IAD this month and am deciding what bags to take.
    hi dclawyer!

the aeronaut, co-pilot and field journal notebook was all i took - no checked bags.

my aeronaut was pretty full going to india, and very stuffed coming back. it appears a little "flattened" because i put a camping chair in there that widens the footprint of the aeronaut, but it was stuffed to the gills coming back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0