Over packing the Aeronaut

On my last trip to New England I did a terrible job of packing. I took too many items and didn't pick what I took wisely. I'm not sure why, I was just off my game. The weather range was tough (not cold but not really hot) but I still could have done better.

To make matters worse I ended up buying a bunch of clothes while shopping. The result? Packing for the flight home was tough. But it all fit. I think what saved me is nearly all the shirts were dry fit style material so they are very thin. I could put this in the packing list forum but I really don't recommend packing this much. The image is bad quality and it's hard to tell the items apart so I'll also list them out.

Perhaps the title should be "how not to pack lightly".

Aeronaut trip Oct 2010 by pretzelb, on Flickr

4 ss polo shirts with color
    glasses in case
    liquids in TB 3d organizer pouch
    cords and chargers in TB medium pouch
    toiletries in TB medium pouch
    2 inflatable hangers
    1 clothes line
    1 sink stopper
    1 race belt
    jock
    knit hat
    thin gloves (liners)
    bandana
    running baseball style cap
    run shorts
    travel towel
    Red Oxx tray
    running shoes
    2 stuff sacks
    TB shop bag
    green backpack bag from race (free)
    4 underwear
    4 socks
    2 pants (thin)
    1 pair jeans
    1 ls button down shirt (never wore it)
    1 rain coat
    1 thin pullover with zipper
    2 ss running shirts
    3 ls running shirts
    1 ls pullover shirt (never wore it)
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

How was the race, and how long were you gone for?

Quote Originally Posted by ams123 View Post
    How was the race, and how long were you gone for?
    Race turned out nice. It was a tad bit warmer than perfect but not bad. Course was nice even though it was an out and back so you saw much of the same stuff during the second half.

For this trip we were gone for 8 days. We moved to 3 different places to stay during the trip which made it hard to get a schedule going for hand washing laundry. The raincoat was an excellent choice mainly because it rained but for warmth as well. I also brought a fleece vest (which I stored in my Synapse) that I never ended up using. Had it been colder I might have needed it.

Sounds like it was a packing learning experience. I race locally, I've never traveled for a race. I would probably forget my shoes or something!

Good to know you can live for 8 days out of an Aeronaut. I have one, but haven't attempted more than 3 days yet. I noticed that you can put a lot more in there than it first appears.

Quote Originally Posted by ams123 View Post
    Sounds like it was a packing learning experience. I race locally, I've never traveled for a race. I would probably forget my shoes or something!

Good to know you can live for 8 days out of an Aeronaut. I have one, but haven't attempted more than 3 days yet. I noticed that you can put a lot more in there than it first appears.
    I used to fret about forgetting something too so I made a packing list for the items that need to go each trip. That includes the special runner stuff. But now that I have the list I relax and realized that I could just buy what I need if I forget, even shoes. But shoes take up the entire side pocket so it's kind of a bummer. I usually take them on any trip just so I can jog a bit.

Fun thing about traveling for a race is that it gives you an excuse to travel to spots. It can be hard if your SO isn't also running but you end up finding some interesting places.

The 8 days relies on doing some laundry. I'm still working on a good fall/winter travel wardrobe. Pants are the hardest item for me since it's tough to find ones that can be washed and dry quickly.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0