Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Volunteer Moderator

washing your 3d clear organizer cube

first of all, i'd like to apologize for the delay in getting this video out. this was filmed on february 5th, 2010.

if you've ever ended up with shampoo or other liquids spilling in your 3d clear organizer cube, this video shows you how you can get it clean.

i used luke warm water to get the shampoo out. if you spill a lotion or oil, you may want to use a very mild dish soap to help get the 3d clear organizer cube clean.

the good news is that i can tell you after having used this 3d clear organizer cube for a few trips over the last four months, that it is still as good as new! :)

So, this is the item to use when you carry your 3-1-1 items on a flight? I was wondering how to handle ruptures/spills inside the bag. I can see one of these bags in my future.

Is this the one with the hanger on the outside?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Is this the one with the hanger on the outside?
    the original 3d clear organizer cube came without the hanger inside. it was added later, and comes as part of the one currently available. the hanger is attached via webbing. you can easily pull it out to hang the bag, and tuck it back inside when it isn't needed. if you don't want the hanger there, you can easily remove it using a pair of scissors.

Oh, I like the idea of the hanger.

That would come in especially handy when washing and drying the bag, like what you did in your video. Thanks for the demo!

This may sound silly, but if you ever feel so inclined and you want to post another "cube" video showing how much travel supplies you can pack into one of these little gems, it would be very much appreciated!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    another "cube" video showing how much travel supplies you can pack into one of these little gems, it would be very much appreciated!
    that video already exists.

Wow. Missed that one.Thanks, Maverick.

Only 48 seconds long but extremely informative. Like how you showed it being stowed in a Tri-Star at the tail end.

Anybody know of any ultra-compact soap containers that can be stashed in one of these cubes, so if you wanted to carry along a bar of soap you could do so neatly?