Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: On Tour: 18 days with an Aeronaut & a Smart Alec

Quote Originally Posted by leviathan View Post
    I've tried using one of those synthetic loofahs on the road, but there's no time to dry them and they just end up getting funky. My shower is normally in, out, dry, get dressed, pack everything up. So I normally stick to hotel wash cloths or whatever is provided by the clubs.
    Synthetic loofahs like the poofy ball-looking things? Try Salux nylon washcloths if you haven't already -- you can pick them up in the bath products section at Uwajimaya. They give you a good scrubbing and are very thin - if you put them in a towel and stomp on them they'll be more or less dry. One of those + a few drops of Bronner's peppermint = instant refreshment in limited spaces. I never travel without one, especially if I think I might be staying in a place with a sink and no shower. If you cut one in half lengthwise they pack down to nothing but are still long enough to allow you to scrub your back.

Some people find them a bit rough, but I've used them since early childhood so I wouldn't know about that. You can get different grades in any case.

Great post! I took both the Aeronaut and the Smart Alec for an 18 day trip to the Philippines back in September. (see Tom Bihn goes to the Philippines September blog). The only difference was I packed the Smart Alec in the Aeronaut on the way over then when we arrived used the Smart Alec as a daypack. And yes the Smart Alec does fit in the Aeronaut if it is not packed heavy.

Try a small spray bottle of Bac-Out instead of febreeze Amazon.com: Biokleen Bac-Out Stain and Odor Eliminator -- 32 fl oz: Health & Personal Care Or just throw a few paper towels into a ziplock, dump in some Bac-out, and take out sheets as needed. You can also find it at Whole Foods if you want to sniff it first.

Wipes don't count as part of the 311 rules. You could also take baby wipes instead of a synthetic loofah. CVS has some which are unscented and you could use them as an impromptu shower. I usually pick some up for more tropical climates and store them in the fridge or ice bucket.

Ahahaha this pack is SO outdated. I'm sure all of you know that packing is an art that requires constant honing. I'll try to get something new up soon. I've got a 2-week trip in April. Maybe then.
    http://www.playthisrecord.com

My Tom Bihn arsenal
    Bags: Steel/Solar Aeronaut w/ Absolute Strap | Black/Steel Brain Bag | Black/Cardinal Tri-Star | Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec
    Accessories: Camera I-O, Tripod Quiver, Brain Cell, Snake Charmer, Vertical Freudian Slip, Vertical iPad Cache, RFID Blocking Passport Pouch, Kit, Travel Tray, various Organizer Cubes & Pouches

Quote Originally Posted by leviathan View Post
    Ahahaha this pack is SO outdated. I'm sure all of you know that packing is an art that requires constant honing. I'll try to get something new up soon. I've got a 2-week trip in April. Maybe then.
    I was going to say... Isn't that girlfriend now your wife?
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I was going to say... Isn't that girlfriend now your wife?
    You are correct! I made her an honest woman and myself a happy man. /clichebuttrue

My Tom Bihn arsenal
    Bags: Steel/Solar Aeronaut w/ Absolute Strap | Black/Steel Brain Bag | Black/Cardinal Tri-Star | Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec
    Accessories: Camera I-O, Tripod Quiver, Brain Cell, Snake Charmer, Vertical Freudian Slip, Vertical iPad Cache, RFID Blocking Passport Pouch, Kit, Travel Tray, various Organizer Cubes & Pouches

My Tom Bihn arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    Actually, showering every other day is better for your skin.
    Ahhh, the 'two day cycle'. :-D
    I'm a big fan, especially in winter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0