Large Cafe Bag Endures 2 hrs of Light Rain

Despite the constant rain, I took my Large Café Bag with my Flip Video kit inside, chocolate shopping and a two hour stroll through Geneva.
    My laptop is too lame to upload the clips but here are some stills.
    I opened the bag once home and as expected, not a drop of water got inside!
    Thanks Tom & Co. Chocolate is on the way ;)
    You can view my kit's contents here....
    http://gearninja.com/ADS/CafeBag4Mino.html
    C72 Men's Waterproof Breathable Coat, courtesy of Carhartt
    Packable Day Pack- courtesy of Eagle Creek.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Zephyrnoid; 05-05-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: addenda

And on the way home...
    http://www.vimeo.com/11772846

Great Video!

A really great way to see the size of the Cafe Bag and Horizontal Brain Cell

What airport is that? Remind me to avoid it.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Great Video!

A really great way to see the size of the Cafe Bag and Horizontal Brain Cell

What airport is that? Remind me to avoid it.
    Hi backpadk,

If Zephyrnoid was in Amsterdam, that was Schipol Airport, which is actually one of the top-rated airports in the world. You can read the Wikipedia Entry for it, which includes the quote: "The airport is one out of four airports in the world to have a rating of four stars in Skytrax's grading system.[6]" (There are no five star airports are outside of Asia. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about these ratings when I read that Skytrax also put Frankfurt into the list of four star airports.)

Nice color combination with the Steel Brain Cell and Black Cafe Bag.

Yes Schipol Airport

NO COMMENT on the rest about it being a "top rated airport"
    Human factors is my business and Schipol Airport is one of the WORST airports for navigation. Sorry. On the inbound I was arrested for tripping an armed door and spent 15 minutes arguing with a security person about the incident. Here's my journal entry about it.....
    "APRIL 28th, 2010

- Amsterdam,Schipol Airport. The airline security people caused me to walk past my gate as some yuppie type interviewed me about the security experience- then I ended up in one of Schipol Airport's mystery dead ends, where you think you're going to your gate but you end up accidentally tripping a security alarm at a dead-end instead.I let them have a piece of my... "I'm the expert in navigation, you guys just made my day" routine. Yes. I did that and earned another 15 minute hit to my transfer while some idiot loser took down my particulars on a scrap of paper.He even threatened to write me a fine if I did it again next time.
So cross that airport off my preferred list for next time. They have great fresh squeezed OJ, but that's it for me...."

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi backpadk,

If Zephyrnoid was in Amsterdam, that was Schipol Airport, which is actually one of the top-rated airports in the world. You can read the Wikipedia Entry for it, which includes the quote: "The airport is one out of four airports in the world to have a rating of four stars in Skytrax's grading system.[6]" (There are no five star airports are outside of Asia. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about these ratings when I read that Skytrax also put Frankfurt into the list of four star airports.)

Nice color combination with the Steel Brain Cell and Black Cafe Bag.

Volunteer Moderator
    hi zephyrnoid!

thanks for sharing the awesome video!

sorry to hear about the bad experience at schipol airport. i happened through there about a year ago. in addition to the fresh oj, they have a lovely selection of tulips! :)

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi zephyrnoid!

thanks for sharing the awesome video!

sorry to hear about the bad experience at schipol airport. i happened through there about a year ago. in addition to the fresh oj, they have a lovely selection of tulips! :)
    Indeed. Too bad I no longer own a backyard. Perhaps in a year or two.
    What's funny is that I had a compact brolly stashed in the Cafe bag but forgot to take it out . Heck who needs brollies anyway?

FYI. How I now travel with Tom Bihn luggage.
    - Carryon is Aeronaut, which contains the fully packed Large Cafe Bag. This reduces the number of pieces on board.
    - Large Cafe is nested in the Aeronaut, but can come out on an as needed basis and of course, once I arrive at my destination- I only carry the Large Cafe Bag on daily shoots and the Aeronaut stays in the hotel.
    - Packable backpack is in my check-in bag and I use it on my back when touring to carry daily essentials and shopping.
    - So here, you see a typical daily carry scenario....

I find Schiphol to be interesting, because while it is a very pretty and stylish airport, it's not very traveler friendly. For instance, when I was in line for customs/immigration, I couldn't find a clock anywhere. A worker was telling people who had flights within 30 minutes to get into a different line, but I had no idea what time it actually was! Also, finding a restroom was challenging. (Thank goodness I was light and flexible with my Tri-Star and Med Cafe Bag combo!)
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0