Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

First weekend out for Side Effect

I took the Side Effect out this past weekend to several events. First was an Arts in the Park event. I carried in it the TB wallet with essential cards and cash in the back pocket. In the main compartment, I had my cell phone in one of the interior pockets, my sunglasses case, my mom's glasses, and my keys on the keystrap. The only thing I could not squeeze in was my water bottle. I used the shoulder strap and it was very comfortable. I found it very easy to find things and I loved the security of the keystrap while I was pulling items out of the main compartment. On Sunday, we did the Race for the Cure and I used the waist strap. It was very easy to switch over the straps. Again the bag was really comfortable and user friendly. It felt very secure and I liked having the wallet in the back pocket close to me. On Monday, we went for a short hike, again using it with the waist strap. It was comfortable and worked well for carrying dog treats and dog pick up bags in addition to what I mentioned above. Overall, I am very pleased with the Side Effect and I look forward to using it on our cruise in May (and very likely in between now and then!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mboytim; 04-15-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    Bags: Crimson/Black Checkpoint Flyer, Indigo Brain Bag, Indigo Synapse, Punch/Wasabi Medium Cafe Bag and Plum Side Effect- along with various organizer pouches.

I use my Side Effect as a hip pack. It's great!

My side effect has also been out this weekend. I usually wear it across my torso, more like a purse.

Another pic:

In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by peregrina View Post
    My side effect has also been out this weekend. I usually wear it across my torso, more like a purse.

Another pic:

awesome pictures!

yes; great pictures. and outfit.
    and a question: what backpack are you wearing?!

Thanks Shiva, the bag is a Deuter Speed Lite 15
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0