Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Aeronaut & Ristretto in China

Well, you'll have to trust me on the location, as the picture doesn't really show it...maybe I'll get some more descriptive pictures while here. This was made at the Shanghai south train station while waiting for the train to Hongkong.

Name:  IMG_1116.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  386.4 KB

Volunteer Moderator
    YOU LIE

That can't be China! Not enough people in the pic ;D

The yellowing of the image from the apparent lighting make it difficult to tell: is that Aeronaut a Steel color?

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    The yellowing of the image from the apparent lighting make it difficult to tell: is that Aeronaut a Steel color?
    Yes, steel.

What all did you carry in your Ristretto?

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    What all did you carry in your Ristretto?
    A MacBook Pro 13", a Side Effect with some small stuff, an iPod, earphones, a few magazines, a passport pouch, a hardcover book, a small notebook and probably some other small stuff I can't remember right now.

Hmmm...

Sounds like you had it stuffed full for your trip. Did you typically carry it around that full or did you partially unpack it for everyday use? Impressive to hear you can haul around a full MacBook Pro in one of those.

How did you like using your Aeronaut for train-travel?

For everyday (travel) use, I have a lot less in it or even more often just carry around my Small Cafe Bag with camera and small stuff.

I thought the Aeronaut was perfect for the train trip but again, the packing cubes are a must for me and also it helps considering what may be needed on the train when packing.

Have any Chinese commented on your bags, khaberz?

Thanks for posting the photo and I hope you post more from your trip! :)
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

[QUOTE=ex machina;16670]Have any Chinese commented on your bags, khaberz?

No comments yet, which could be partly due to me not speaking Chinese...

I would think the Aeronaut would get lots of comments in China especially since it's one of the few things they don't make.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    I would think the Aeronaut would get lots of comments in China especially since it's one of the few things they don't make.
    Sounds like the makings of a novel: Stranger Bag in a Strange Land

Watch out that Aeronaut doesn't disappear to the Gulag of Reverse Engineers!
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0