12 days with the Western Flyer & Snynapse
Happy holidays everyone! We're south-east Queensland visiting family. We're spending most of the time in Brisbane with a little 3 day getaway to the Gold Coast. It's summer here - hot and humid with a few afternoon thunderstorms. Here's my packing list for the trip:
* Everything here, minus the umbrella
* Small bottle of hot sauce, bottle of "Maggie Beer Seville Vino Cotto", both in the water bottle pocket along with my (empty) water bottle
* 5 friut bars
Western Flyer (all in addition to what I'm wearing in the phot0):
* 2 short sleeve collared shirts (same as in the photo)
* 1 merino tee, 1 merino tank
* 2 pairs of travel pants
* 3 sets of underwear & socks
* Compression top & knee pants (Skins) for workouts & swimming
* 1 pair shoes (very light)
* 1 travel towel
* 3-1-1 toiletry kit (though we don't have the 3-1-1 rule on Australian domestic flights)
* make up bag (about 1/2 the size of a 3-1-1 bag)
* mini hair straightener (not sure why I bother, since it's mega humid in Brisbane!)
* Large lightweight hat
* pashmina & 2 silk scarves
* 2 extra shirts for presents
I have to do a small wash every second day, but everything washes easily and dries quickly.
Here's a photo on the Brisbane Airtrain, taken early on Monday morning when we arrived (also on Flickr). Did I mention it was early?
More photos - mini vacation to the Gold Coast
Here are three more photos from the same trip. The larger versions are in the Tom Bihn Flickr pool
The first is looking towards Q1 (the tallest residential tower in the world) and the second is looking north from the observation deck. The third photos is at Movieworld ('Hollywood on the Gold Coast') in front of the new Superman ride. Sorry 'bout the ridiculous pose.