Clear Organizer Wallet and Black Book

I found a neat little black book that fits nicely in the wallet. I got it at the MoMA Design and Book Store, (11 West 53 Street, New York, NY.)

I did a double take when I posted the below pictures. The one with the book inside the wallet has an odd light artifact effect, that led me to checking my wallet. My wallet is fine, good as new. It was just the way the light hit it that had the urethane looking torn to the right of the Tom Bihn logo in the pic with the book inside. I figure if it made me who owns it look twice I better mention it as I wouldn't want people to be misled.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

I like that little book! I have a tiny pink Moleskine in my clear wallet.

I just realized it's time to take pictures of my wallet after a year of heavy, daily use. It still looks great (of course!)
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Hi Jenne,

My TB Wallet (a gift from TB no less) is now my main wallet too. I have ditched the wart I used to have in pocket and now have the wallet in my Every Day Carry bag, which presently is a Medium Cafe Bag in Linen, with Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap. I really like this bag and am so happy I ordered it. I will have to post a pictorial on it as I don't think that Linen gets its just desserts. It doesn't look like any linen I've seen, and I think the original name of Sand would be much better in conveying the color. But then again it may have sold out before I bought it if that was the case. :P I saw a picture of it here in the forum and it was very much a I-must-have-that-bag moment. I now have it and am nothing but happy over it. No second guessing on this beauty! :)

I am real happy with my wallet, and I think of the generosity of Tom Bihn in sending it to me. This is a factory, so a lot of people were involved in getting this ready and sent to me. Someone cut the fabric, someone sewed the fabric, Tom designed the wallet, Casey shipped the wallet, Darcy had us all like kids on Christmas Eve wondering what the gift was when it was on its way. It was a real shot in the arm to get it, and I am smiling as I type this, still touched by the thought of being given such a fine item, and the great feeling I had opening the mail that day to find it. Very cool stuff. Just another thing that sets TB way above the rest.
    Last edited by ex machina; 12-21-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: grammar
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

I also appreciate knowing of the different people involved in these treasures. I love that we can see pictures of everyone and know that their skill and craftsmanship is appreciated.

I managed to spill coffee on my wallet, so it's time for its first bath.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    I managed to spill coffee on my wallet, so it's time for its first bath.
    Yikes! Jenne, Did it stain, did it set? Was it the cordura, the ultrasuede, or both that got marred? How did it turn out after washing? Washing machine or handwash? Tnx :)

Question for you wallet users: is it the exact same size as a mini organizer pouch?
    --------------------------------

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Question for you wallet users: is it the exact same size as a mini organizer pouch?
    Yup, the Clear organizer wallet is the same size as the Mini Organizer Pouch -- which you can get as a Cordura, Clear, Padded, or Cork organizer pouch (without the ultrasuede dividers). They also make one of the wallets with a solid navy fabric front (instead of clear urethane), but with the ultrasuede dividers. In addition to Cordura and Dyneema, the wallets are now available in Cork, Cacao Ultrasuede, Kiwi Ballistic Nylon, and Hemp/Rubber.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0