Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Traveling with 4 Tom Bihn bags

Name:  Tb bags2 small.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  59.9 KB

OK, so this picture can't touch Maverick's (it was taken with my phone), but these are the bags my wife and I took on a 5-day Thanksgiving trip (by car) from Chicago to the east coast: two Aeronauts, my Synapse, and her Side Effect. Since we were driving and not flying, space wasn't so much of an issue, but the bags performed beautifully, as always. The more I use the Synapse, the more I'm amazed at how much it will hold while still retaining a relatively sleek profile.

Nice family photo.

I shouldn't have looked! Now I want a Synapse!
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gmich View Post
    OK, so this picture can't touch Maverick's
    are you kidding me, gmich? this is a lovely picture, and i've enjoyed being able to see all of the pictures you've posted!

Very nice setup!

Jenne, the Synapse is a very nice bag if you like backpacks. (You don't list any in your sig.) Mine arrived a few weeks ago. It turned out to be more squared-off (rather than teardrop-shaped) than the product page pictures indicate—good. Also good: If not stuffed to the gills, it's flatter than in the product page pictures. Quite a nice bag. Mine is black, so the zippers don't stand out—less busy-looking (it's got a LOT of zippers). The shallow pocket (under the water bottle pocket) is handy for quick access without having to fish around (for hand balm, cough drops, etc.).

gmich,

Any family photos with everyone wearing their bags? I love photos where you get to see them being "applied".

Thanks for sharing,

The Mountain Man
    Last edited by MtnMan; 12-01-2009 at 04:02 PM. Reason: minor typo correction

Mtn Man,

I've posted several photos previously of the bags in use. I don't have time to link to all the posts right now, but there are various photos of us with the two Aeronauts, an Imago, a Side Effect, and a Ristretto for Netbooks. I'll probably get one of the Synapse in action soon.

Thumbs up

Thanks, gmich. I just looked up threads you started by checking out your username. I found some neat pictures.
    Last edited by MtnMan; 12-02-2009 at 07:39 AM. Reason: typo correction

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    Jenne, the Synapse is a very nice bag if you like backpacks. (You don't list any in your sig.) Mine arrived a few weeks ago. It turned out to be more squared-off (rather than teardrop-shaped) than the product page pictures indicate—good. Also good: If not stuffed to the gills, it's flatter than in the product page pictures. Quite a nice bag. Mine is black, so the zippers don't stand out—less busy-looking (it's got a LOT of zippers). The shallow pocket (under the water bottle pocket) is handy for quick access without having to fish around (for hand balm, cough drops, etc.).
    Thanks for this info! I do actually like backpacks (I have a Victorinox and an Ogio) and I really like the look of the Synapse in action! I'll have to mull it over, because I'm also considering the Ristretto for Netbooks.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0