Brain Bag at Disney World

My husband, son, and I took a trip to Disney World in early November. We visited Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. I carried my Brain Bag while my husband carried an L. L. Bean backpack (still trying to get him to convert to a Tom Bihn backpack). We wanted something my son could carry with our contact information in it just in case, so I rigged-up the strap from my Side Effect with one of my cordura organizer pouches. He is wearing this in the pictures (ignore the date stamp on one picture - the camera batteries died and I forgot to reset the time stamp). It worked very well and he liked wearing his "emergency pouch". The Brain Bag held a camera, extra clothes for our son, jackets for myself and our son, several Sigg bottles with juice and water, and assorted snacks. It was a great trip for all!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Volunteer Moderator
    hi radio bug!

these are awesome pictures, and your son is adorable - thanks for sharing!

we were chatting with someone who wrote her number on her children's arm with her cell phone number in case they got separated. she said they went to lego land once and she got separated from her son. someone called her son, and he found him within minutes. so keeping emergency contact information with your kids is a great idea.

i like your solution more, and wish i could have recommended it to her at the time...

Thanks, maverick! Your pictures of your trip reminded me that I hadn't posted ours yet! I'm glad your family had such a good time, too! I tried to get my son to wear the Side Effect, but he didn't want to this time (maybe next trip!). My solution with the organizer pouch worked well, though. We were very concerned about him wandering off or getting separated from us, but it turned out that we didn't need to worry (at least on this trip). He was so amazed by everything (including all the people) that he pretty much held our hands the whole time!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0