Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Medium Cafe Bag - First Contact

I am finally getting around to posting pictures of my bags. This set was from my first purchase at Tom Bihn.

Last edited by maverick; 11-12-2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: corrected image url's
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Medium Cafe Bag Arrival and Florida Trip 1.

Hmmm, my pics aren't showing in the post. I don't know why. I did the insert image tool. It's likely some Flickr thing to get me to pay for an upgrade. I will use some existing webspace I have access too and post below. The links above work for the Flikr posting which does have lots of labels.

First Contact - The Box.

First Bag, Navy/Cayenne Medium Cafe Bag

First Bag and Accessories

Florida Trip. (JAN 2009)
    Medium Cafe Bag and
    Manhattan Portage Deluxe Europa.

2 pictures at Palm Beach International Airport. Notice the unzipped and expanded gusset feature on the Europa. This pretty much doubles the bags capacity. Fantastic feature I would like to see in a Tom Bihn Bag. (hint, hint ;)

This picture (below) was taken at Healthy Foods in the Town Center Mall in Boca Raton, FL. I was shopping at the Levenger retail store there, hence the Levenger bag next to my MCB.

And just for fun, here are some pics of mine and another omlette being made, which was a show in itself.

And the show happened here:

And now as I preview this, I see Flikr was just delayed. Oh well.
    Last edited by ex machina; 11-12-2009 at 07:12 AM. Reason: grammar edit
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Cool pics

Thanks for the nice pics of the MCB. I'm esp. impressed with the array of organizer pouches. I don't have any yet, are they important when using a Cafe Bag? I currently have a SCB and wonder if I should be getting a couple... What do you use the pouches for?

Fantastic photos! I love the sheen on the MCB. Beautiful!

Em.

Great pictures!

Fantastic idea to use Strapeez to hold the waist strap!

Dear Tom Bihn forum members, dear Tom and Darcy.

Please refrain from posting pictures of delicious food on the forum. :)

Yours truly doesn't want to have to ask for double extensions of waist straps! :)

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Great pictures!

Fantastic idea to use Strapeez to hold the waist strap!
    Thanks backpack. :) I also used a strapeez (seen in red) on the shoulder strap to fold the strap up and keep it in place when using the grab handle. I have since taken to removing the waist strap, and using a strapeez to keep the shoulder pad in place on the shoulder strap as seen here and discussed in this thread. When I want it out of the way, I just fold and tuck it in the outer pocket. But I also keep the outer pocket less full now too.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Dear Tom Bihn forum members, dear Tom and Darcy.

Please refrain from posting pictures of delicious food on the forum. :)

Yours truly doesn't want to have to ask for double extensions of waist straps! :)
    Ah calories, the bane of the gourmand class. :P

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    Fantastic photos! I love the sheen on the MCB. Beautiful!

Em.
    Thanks Em. :) I am really happy with that bag. It has done well by me. I am a fan of the Cayenne. I have that color also as the lining of my Steel/Steel/Cayenne Imago, another great bag. I prefer Cayenne to the Wasabi as a liner. If only it was offered on all bags at all times! (hint, hint ;)

I'll be posting pics of all my bags and I will model them too for size reference shots so people have an idea how they drape and such. I'm just waiting on a knockoff of a gorilla pod I bought on eBay to handle the camera for me.

ex machina, I can't wait for your Imago photos! I'm considering the steel/steel/cayenne colour combination, but am not sure. To be honest your photos of the cafe bag have me rethinking my planned Punch/wasabi cafe bag!!

Too many choices....!!

Em.

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    ex machina, I can't wait for your Imago photos! I'm considering the steel/steel/cayenne colour combination, but am not sure. To be honest your photos of the cafe bag have me rethinking my planned Punch/wasabi cafe bag!!

Too many choices....!!

Em.
    Em, I did post some Imago pics in the 'What's in my Imago' thread in response to your request for seeing the colors. But in case you just need to see the whole bag, I took several shots just now. I took them both with and without using a flash so you can get a better feel for what the colors really look like.

Back! I just finished uploading the pictures to Flikr. Hope they help. :)

Wow! Thank you so much for the pics. What a cool bag!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0