My Brain Bag and I... Shopping in Mexico!
Last week we took a trip to Playa Del Carmen in Mexico for a friend's wedding and assorted South of the Border fun. With many miles to travel and a full agenda, who else would be my second-best traveling companion? My wife is #1, of course, but my Brain Bag is a close #2!
One day we took a trip into the shopping district in Playa for "essentials." My Brain Bag, already proving to be the essential carry-on for the trip, comes along to transport the treasures back to the resort. Here we are in front of a local shop, planning our next move. I wonder what it will be? :)
I could wax poetic on the benefits of travelling with my brain bag in and out of airports, but you all have heard that plenty of times. For this trip, I thought I would mention what we hauled out of the shopping district in our souveneir hunt!
- Two adult side Mexican pullovers (the heavy wool ones).
- An 84-inch hand made tablecloth.
- One child-size hoodie, with the mandatory "Playa Del Carmen" embroidery.
- A wide assortment of trinkets: keychains, desk decorations, a hand-made ceramic bowl (for salsa, of course).
- And three full-size bottles of tequila, packed in bubble-wrap for the trip home.
All in all about 30 pounds of goodies, which rode wonderfully on my back with the cinch-straps fully opened and the stabilizer chest/waist strap in place. Hands free shopping, with room to spare as we found new items to add to our list.
As always, the Brain Bag is the perfect traveling companion. Ready to go on the plane back and forth with a change of clothes for me and my wife as we went from fall cold to summer heat and back again... and fits perfectly under the seat in front of me both ways.
Viva Mexico! Viva Tom Bihn!