Small Café Bag goes to The Cavern Club

During my visit, we headed to where the Beatles were discovered by Brian Epstein here in Liverpool, the Cavern Club. One of the Beatles holy ground sites, I was thus informed. This is actually a reconstruction using the original bricks. The acoustics were amazing. And, yes, that is a John Lennon tribute singer in the background. We had just completed a Beatles tour around Liverpool (my fiancé is a Scouser and lives here.)

The bag itself was absolutely wonderful in our daily treks around Liverpool. I had a Mini Organizer Wallet with ID and cash, and a Mini Organizer Pouch with spare batteries for the camera. The bag held the camera beautifully, and it withstood the rainy weather quite well. Nothing inside got wet at all!
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Thanks for sharing the great picture. Glad the Cafe bag worked well for you on your trip!

Thank you! The ID, which I also carried, turned out to be an absolutely fantastic emergency bag when I had to check a second bag due to an overweight first bag. I removed the Brain Cell, stuffed the ID full and sent it on through. It emerged in Phoenix with nary a scratch while my larger suitcase is pretty close to heading to the dump.
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

That is one smart looking bag.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Thumbs up

I bought one in medium, the pic here was a major factor in the decision to buy a bag in linen. Thanks for posting, DQBunny.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Not a problem! I love my linen bag, and after a good month of solid use, looks as good as the day I pulled it out of the box.
    Meg
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by DQBunny View Post
    Not a problem! I love my linen bag, and after a good month of solid use, looks as good as the day I pulled it out of the box.
    That's such a nifty color DQBunny :) I must go back and look at the Small Cafe Bags since I feel the need to add another to my collection!

--Wihlemina,
    (I love my Cork Swift!, also my Small Cafe Bag and all the organizer pouches, especially the one in cork)

Will the small cafe bag hold a hard cover book?

dclawyer, yes, I just placed a copy of Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" in my small cafe bag and it fits perfectly with tons of room to spare. You should be able to fit the average-sized hardback in with no problems. I've also carried my Kindle in the bag as well.

My current load also contains the following if this helps:

- A yarn stuff sack with a nearly completed shawl. Sack has needles, a ball of yarn, copy of the pattern, a necklace I took off and dropped in there, and a little kit with built-in stitch counter
    - A mini organizer pouch with my iPod nano and a pair of earphones
    - A small organizer pouch with chapstick, medicine, anti-bacterial gel, and various girl-type products
    - A clear organizer wallet
    - iPhone
    - Small Moleskine notebook
    - Two pens and a pencil.

And this is without putting anything in the zippered or back pockets.
    Meg
    -----

Than you DQBunny. It's plenty big enough then for a book, an iPhone and a small digicam. I just now must decide whether it would look too much like a man purse. Not sure I care that much if it does. I just can't fit everything on my pockets. Such is life today.

Very true, dclawyer. The amount of 'Stuff' I carry precludes me from just using my pockets. And for those times I empty my pockets, I have found keeping a Stuff Sack in my bag most efficacious.

DQBunny,

Great photo!

I've never had a "man purse" before I bought a black Side Effect a couple months ago. I now carry my wallet (old fashioned male leather wallet), cell phone, eyeglasses in hard case, hand sanitizer mini-bottle, and a pencil and a pen in it. I wear it as a hip-pack and find it indispensable.

I love the Side Effect, but there are times when it is too small for my needs. I was wondering how well a Cafe Bag could be worn as a hip-pack. Am I correct that a Small Cafe is not compatible with Tom Bihn's QAM strap?

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    DQBunny,

Great photo!

I've never had a "man purse" before I bought a black Side Effect a couple months ago. I now carry my wallet (old fashioned male leather wallet), cell phone, eyeglasses in hard case, hand sanitizer mini-bottle, and a pencil and a pen in it. I wear it as a hip-pack and find it indispensable.

I love the Side Effect, but there are times when it is too small for my needs. I was wondering how well a Cafe Bag could be worn as a hip-pack. Am I correct that a Small Cafe is not compatible with Tom Bihn's QAM strap?

The Small Cafe Bag has a non removable Simple Strap.

The way you can make it a hip pack is by using its Waist Strap and carrying it higher up on your side.

Most people, including myself, wear their Cafe Bags or Ristrettos on top of their upper leg.

But, by raising the straps a little or leaving them the way the bag usually comes in it can be worn on the side and secured really close to the body with the waist strap.

The Small Cafe Bag is... small and even full is perfectly comfortable with the Simple Strap it is fitted with, you can buy an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap if you wish to wear your Small Cafe Bag on bare shoulders.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0