What's in my Imago?

While not made for cameras it works for me while around town. This shows what I carry at MAX capacity. Remove the flash and its batteries, one lens and its not quite as preganant.

I also have a Super Ego messenger bag which is more for carry on, travel etc as it's quite a bit larger and I've found I can just drop the imago bag and it's contents into the main pocket inside the Super Ego and still have room to spare.

Volunteer Moderator
    wow gigantoid! i'm impressed at how much you were able to pack into the imago! thank you for sharing the awesome pictures!

Hi: thank you for posting these pictures. I have an Imago and it by far my most favorite TB bag--other than my medium cafe bag. I bought the Imago as an alternative to my Waterfield Designs Cozmo medium bag--as something less formal and smaller. And now, I find myself using the Imago the most: it holds as much as the much larger cozmo and more compactly; and it is a great little bag to organize. Some days, I put in a small packing cube with my exercise clothes, a sheaf of papers, a fairly large levenger agenda, assorted pouches, phone, pens/pencils, and other books and can carry it all very easily. I just wish and wish it would hold my horizontal freudian slip: I would be such a happy woman!!!
    I find the Imago is deceptively small and along with the Western Flyer, it is a great combo to carry on board...

Just stumbled on this, and thanks in advance. So it looks like the Imago can and would work as a small DSLR bag (body and two lenses)? Perfect! I can't tell from the pictures...does it have a grab handle as well as the shoulder strap?

Smile I know the answer to that!

I can answer that, bltkmt. I have the Imago in Steel/Steel/Cayenne and it has the grab handle. I have found that I no longer view bags without a grab handle as adequate. My Tom Bihn bags have raised my bag standards. :)
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Photo of Steel/Steel/Cayenne Imago?

Hi ex machina,

Do you have any photos of the Imago in these colours? I'm pondering my next purchase...

Thanks!

Wink You asked; we delivered.

Hi notmensa,

You asked for it and here they are. Two pics of my Imago that show the colors involved in the Steel/Steel/Cayenne combo. The bag is gorgeous. I did have a dickens of a time taking the pics because I was getting the Moire interference pattern due to the delightful weave of the fabrics. I'm not a well versed photog and would like to hear from some of the excellent photogs here in the forum as to how I can get around this in the future. My solution was to add more light. Seemed to work OK.

I posted the pics to flickr.com at http://tinyurl.com/yhklqgf .

Hope these help ya. :)

Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Thank you, giantoid for the beautiful pics of the Blk/Blk/Wasabi ballistic. Because of them, I just ordered it (I was also contemplating the gorgeous Steel/Cork/Wasabi, but I was worried about the Cork in the rain, snow, & esp. subzero weather.) Also, the ruler as reference in the first photo really was very helpful in my decision making.

Now I'm just counting down the days... (I live in the orange/5-day transit zone :-( and too cheap to pay the extra for quicker shipping.)
    Last edited by Bag Lady; 11-13-2009 at 04:58 AM. Reason: added comment

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0