Open pocket on the Western Flyer - a hack!

Here's a little hack for the Western Flyer (in backpack mode) to make use of the open pocket. Slip a carabiner through the conviently-placed Tom Bihn label, and hook up your umbrella cord. The umbrella could work it's way out, but because the cord is attached it would only extend the handle - and then swing down to hit my legs!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

very nice! very ingenious! should work for water bottle too!

Slightly off topic--I found that I use the snap-closing bottle pocket on the Tristar for wet umbrella carriage more than for bottle storage. Not sure if I read that here or just made it up, though.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Very inventive! Note that the label isn't designed to support weight - so it may break/be destroyed if, for example, a water bottle is dangling from that carabiner. We definitely would recommend NOT doing that: we would have to charge to repair the bag in that situation.

flitcraft: That's a great use for the water bottle pocket!
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Volunteer Moderator
    hi folks,

you could attach that carabiner instead to the handle on top.

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    Slightly off topic--I found that I use the snap-closing bottle pocket on the Tristar for wet umbrella carriage more than for bottle storage. Not sure if I read that here or just made it up, though.
    I also use the outer Tristar pocket for umbrellas (wet or dry) when I travel. I also tend to stow a folded shopbag there, for easy access (not in the snap pocket per se, but in the zippered region). If I'm traveling somewhere it might rain, I stash a light shell jacket in that pocket instead, which, together with the umbrella, handles most changeable weather conditions).

moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0