the synapse backpack goes canoeing
we went this morning to thompson boat house and rented a canoe and went on the potomac river.
we brought along the synapse backpack to hold some snacks to feed the ducks and ourselves.
our synapse held:
- a one liter water bottle.
- a 16oz water bottle.
- a 20oz juice bottle.
- bread for the ducks.
- a bagel.
- a cut apple and pear in a large lunchbots stainless steel lunchbox.
- cut strawberries and raspberries in a small lunchbots stainless steel lunchbox.
- corn chips in a small lunchbots stainless steel lunchbox.
- a leica d-lux 4 camera in a small cork organizer pouch.
- a tom bihn organizer wallet, gorillapod, iphone, tissues, and keys.
sometimes when we switched the paddle from one side to the other, a bit of water came into the canoe. not a lot, but enough that some was at the bottom of the canoe. i managed to get the synapse a bit wet. but fortunately, it was wet only on the outside. the contents inside stayed completely dry. and the outside dried by the time we walked next door to georgetown waterfront park to feed the ducks.