Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,295

    a video of the horizontal freudian slip

    this video demonstrates what you could carry in your horizontal freudian slip.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by maverick; 09-12-2009 at 08:14 AM.
    -m

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the Hills
    Posts
    966
    The dimensions of this Slip are indicated to be 14.8 inches x 11.8 x .5.

    How many sheets of paper or other kinds of items can this Slip hold in its large "folder" pockets? Does it ship with the colored folders seen in the pictures on the TB web-site?

    How big of a calculator can fit in any of those "front" pockets?

    How flexible is the Slip? How easy is it to bend?

    Could a Tenba Shootout Hard Drive Pouch fit in any of those pockets? If so, which ones?

    And now, a stupid question: would bulkier markers like a fat Sharpie or a highlighter fit in the little pen slots? What about lead pen refills for lead and erasers, or ordinary pencils?

    And now, a silly question: does a Slip like this bring the same/similar functionality to messenger bags like the Ego/ID/SuperEgo as "file dividers" do to the Emprire Builder / Zephyr?


    Sorry if these questions seem a little dumb, but I've never actually seen one of these pouches face-to-face in the real world. I can only go by your video and what I see on the web browser.

    And Maverick, thanks for your as-always excellent mini-documentary on Tom Bihn luggage and accessories. Would love to see what this thing looks like being applied to simulated demos of real-world baggage situations.

    Thanks again,

    The Mountain Man

  3. #3
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,295
    hi mountain man,

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    The dimensions of this Slip are indicated to be 14.8 inches x 11.8 x .5.

    How many sheets of paper or other kinds of items can this Slip hold in its large "folder" pockets? Does it ship with the colored folders seen in the pictures on the TB web-site?
    the freudian slip has very generous pockets for the file folders. the product page for the horizontal freudian slip mentions of the file folder pockets that "each [is] capable of fitting up to .5" thick of files or papers"

    please see attached an image of the horizontal freudian slip with about a quarter ream of paper (about 125 sheets of 24lb paper) in each pocket (so about 250 sheets altogether).

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    How big of a calculator can fit in any of those "front" pockets?
    i can fit my hp 48g in the front left pocket very nicely. please see the attached image.

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    How flexible is the Slip? How easy is it to bend?
    the freudian slip is quite flexible.

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Could a Tenba Shootout Hard Drive Pouch fit in any of those pockets? If so, which ones?
    the product page for the tenba shootout hard drive pouch don't mention dimensions, so i can't say with certainty. but given that it is designed to hold a laptop hard drive, my guess is that the left most pocket.

    please see attached an image with my minixpress 2.5" hard drive (which is pretty chunky - dimensions are 147mm x 80mm x 21mm) in the left most pocket.

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    And now, a stupid question: would bulkier markers like a fat Sharpie or a highlighter fit in the little pen slots? What about lead pen refills for lead and erasers, or ordinary pencils?
    a fat sharpie won't fit, but a regular size one will. i don't have one here, but i do have a bic mark-it permanent marker (works like a sharpie, but it's acid free) that slides nicely into the pen pockets. it is in the left most pen pocket in the two attached images.

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    And now, a silly question: does a Slip like this bring the same/similar functionality to messenger bags like the Ego/ID/SuperEgo as "file dividers" do to the Emprire Builder / Zephyr?
    the freudian slip provides organizational pockets for various accessories in addition to pockets for files and papers. the file dividers allow you to organize your files and papers. you can use a horizontal freudian slip inside of the empire builder and zephyr also.

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Would love to see what this thing looks like being applied to simulated demos of real-world baggage situations.
    i'm not sure if i understand. let me know what specifically you'd like to see and i will try to present it in either a video or a photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the Hills
    Posts
    966
    I'd like to see how this slip (and its "vertical" sibling) would fit into various bags, especially Tom Bihn bags like the Smart Alec, Ego/Super Ego/ID, or Zephyr/Empire Builder. Could you arrange to show how this fits in a situation involving a Brain Cell or soft cell, plus other items that a road warrior might lug around?

    This is very educational! Thanks again.

  5. #5
    Registered User peregrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    237
    I've just ordered the vertical freudian slip with my smart alec - anybody has good pictures of those?

    This is great Maverick - thanks!!
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

  6. #6
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by peregrina View Post
    I've just ordered the vertical freudian slip with my smart alec - anybody has good pictures of those?

    This is great Maverick - thanks!!
    hi peregrina,

    congratulations on your order - you're going to love it!

    these pictures are a bit dated, but they show the smart alec, monolith (which was the predecessor to the vertical brain cell), freudian slip and what i carried inside of them...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #7
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    I'd like to see how this slip (and its "vertical" sibling) would fit into various bags, especially Tom Bihn bags like the Smart Alec, Ego/Super Ego/ID, or Zephyr/Empire Builder. Could you arrange to show how this fits in a situation involving a Brain Cell or soft cell, plus other items that a road warrior might lug around?

    This is very educational! Thanks again.
    hi mountain man,

    this review of the zephyr shows the zephyr with the horizontal brain cell and horizontal freudian slip.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    this review of the zephyr shows the zephyr with the horizontal brain cell and horizontal freudian slip.
    Errr.... there's a zippered pocket under the flap?? Oh, dear, I can see it in the photos! I'd better go look at my Zephyr - I don't recall ever seeing it!

    It's the best briefcase I've ever had in my life.

    Audrey

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the Hills
    Posts
    966
    What size file folders will fit into the "back" pockets on this slip?

    When you decide to pluck a Slip out of a TB bag, does the Slip do a good job of keeping papers from spilling out, even as you lay it down on a table/desk?

    Does the structure of the Slip's pockets keep papers from getting caught as you remove it from a TB bag?

    Have you ever stored a Letter-size notebook in a Slip?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the Hills
    Posts
    966
    Also, if you remove the Slip from, say, a TB briefcase or messenger bag, is there a way to attach it to the outside of the case and let it hang over a table's/desk's edge, to have access to both?

  11. #11
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    What size file folders will fit into the "back" pockets on this slip?
    per the product description for the horizontal freudian slip and vertical freudian slip:

    "Fits A4 and U.S. Standard papers/file folders."

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    When you decide to pluck a Slip out of a TB bag, does the Slip do a good job of keeping papers from spilling out, even as you lay it down on a table/desk?
    yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Does the structure of the Slip's pockets keep papers from getting caught as you remove it from a TB bag?
    yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Have you ever stored a Letter-size notebook in a Slip?
    yes.

  12. #12
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Also, if you remove the Slip from, say, a TB briefcase or messenger bag, is there a way to attach it to the outside of the case and let it hang over a table's/desk's edge, to have access to both?
    i'm not aware of any way of attaching the freudian slip to the outside of a bag, but you can attach it to a door knob or hook. i've attached mine to the hook designed for hanging a jacket on the wall of my cubicle at work.
    Last edited by maverick; 09-14-2009 at 03:44 AM.
    -m

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the Hills
    Posts
    966
    A shout out to all you Freudian Slip owners on this forum...

    Has anyone ever showed up at a meeting in a conference room or a banquet hall and had no place to hang up their Freudian Slip? If so, what did you do to make it accessible?

  14. #14
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    A shout out to all you Freudian Slip owners on this forum...

    Has anyone ever showed up at a meeting in a conference room or a banquet hall and had no place to hang up their Freudian Slip? If so, what did you do to make it accessible?
    think of the freudian slip as providing additional organizational pockets for your messenger bag, brief bag or backpack. you can actually access the contents of your freudian slip while it is still in your bag, just like you would access the contents in the organizational pockets built into your bag - you don't have to take the freudian slip out.

    the loop at the top makes it easy to hang if you have a place to hang it.

    you can also access its contents easily when it is laying on your desk or other flat surface.
    Last edited by maverick; 09-14-2009 at 09:23 AM.
    -m

  15. #15
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,156
    This is another instance where it may be interesting to read the thread that led to the design of the Horizontal Freudian slip. There's also Darcy's picture of the Horizontal Freudian Slip hanging on the wall, and Mike Wo's review of the Brain Bag including comments on using the (vertical) Freudian Slip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0