Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Smart Alec at Cape Flattery

A great 4th of July camping trip to Cape Flattery!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Love (strong word, I know) my Black/Steel Smart Alec

Super Moderator
    What a great shot! I'd never heard of Cape Flattery before, but now you have made me do some googling; as usual, Wikipedia offers a good (though short) description http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Flattery_(Washington) and the state tourist board has something with slightly more http://www.experiencewa.com/scenic-b...-flattery.aspx -- both have more good pics.

Must get there!

timothy

Volunteer Moderator
    hi trip,

that is a fantastic picture! thanks for sharing!!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks trip - great picture! How was your trip up to Cape Flattery?

Everyone else -
    The drive to Cape Flattery is beautiful, and there's lots of great beaches along the way to visit. If you make it up that far, a visit (and nearby La Push and Rialto beaches) is worth it. There's a great little taqueria in Forks that is open from about 8am - 9pm. And if you make it up to Forks, you may as well visit the Hoh. There's an amazing amount to see and do in that neck of the woods.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

It was a fantastic trip. Those three girls (well not the 3yo I'm holding) put in over 7 miles in the hike to Shi Shi Beach. A few more photos:

Cape Flattery & Shi Shi Beach
    Love (strong word, I know) my Black/Steel Smart Alec

Two questions:

What camera rendered those great pictures that you linked to?

Where did you get that safari hat?