TriStar packed for Europe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/easterc...7620430081892/
    The only items not pictured: iPhone and charger; itinerary papers.
    The opinions expressed do, in fact, represent the opinions of the government--its Congress, Supreme Court, and President--as well as the United Nations and its representatives; because, let's face it, I have that kind of power at my disposal.

Super Moderator

great shots!

Wow -- commendable packing job. (How long a trip in total?)

Could you explain the "deodorant" in the shot labeled "TriStar front pocket, right hand side"? I see what I might think were a couple of pebbles there. I've been wondering what the absolute most space-efficient antiperspirant / deodorant is, but I never thought of using pebbles before ...

For what purpose do you bring the safety razor / letter opener thing? That's my favorite style of letter opener, but I've never considered having one part of an ultra-light packing list ...

timothy
    Last edited by timothy; 06-24-2009 at 03:03 AM.

I am curious what did you pack for clothes...how much did you fit in

Great pictures! I have another supply question for you? Where did you find tooth powder and what brand is it? I've been looking for it since the liquids ban went into place. I used to use Pepsodent in a can as a kid and I can't use Fluoride, so I'm looking for something like that with a decent taste that doesn't contain baking soda. Does yours fit that bill?

I'm going to be traveling for 17/18 days, including travel time.
    The deodorant isn't actually pebbles (unless you're referring to the moisturizer bag, which is #3 and beneath the deodorant). The deodorant is Lush's Aromaco. I tore off a couple of chunks from the block and voila! FYI, if you don't like the smell of patchouli, you might want to avoid Aromaco. I use it for travel and regular life, because it doesn't make my underarms itch.
    The safety razor is used to cut the duct tape that I'm bringing along. IMO, it seemed that it'd be lighter than taking along a pair of scissors.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    Wow -- commendable packing job. (How long a trip in total?)

Could you explain the "deodorant" in the shot labeled "TriStar front pocket, right hand side"? I see what I might think were a couple of pebbles there. I've been wondering what the absolute most space-efficient antiperspirant / deodorant is, but I never thought of using pebbles before ...

For what purpose do you bring the safety razor / letter opener thing? That's my favorite style of letter opener, but I've never considered having one part of an ultra-light packing list ...

timothy
    Last edited by eastercat; 06-24-2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    The opinions expressed do, in fact, represent the opinions of the government--its Congress, Supreme Court, and President--as well as the United Nations and its representatives; because, let's face it, I have that kind of power at my disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedenim View Post
    I am curious what did you pack for clothes...how much did you fit in
    Since I'm sink washing, I packed a long sleeved Tilley shirt; pants; two pairs of socks; two pairs of underwear; a long sleeved, lightweight, long underwear shirt for sleeping and some shorts for sleeping.
    All of it is quick drying. Since this is a casual trip, I'm wearing less formal clothing.
    If you have any more questions, let me know.

The brand is Eco dent. While I found it at Food Fight, while on vacation in Portland, OR, I've also seen it at Whole Foods in Dallas. You can also get it from Amazon, if you live out in BFE.
    Unfortunately, the cinnamon Eco Dent that I have does contain baking soda.
    However, if you google tooth powder, there might be a fluoride free, baking powder-less formula that you can use.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seesul View Post
    Great pictures! I have another supply question for you? Where did you find tooth powder and what brand is it? I've been looking for it since the liquids ban went into place. I used to use Pepsodent in a can as a kid and I can't use Fluoride, so I'm looking for something like that with a decent taste that doesn't contain baking soda. Does yours fit that bill?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0