Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I also have a question :
    Do you travel with your personal photographer ? ;-)

Great pics !

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by David dP View Post
    I also have a question :
    Do you travel with your personal photographer ? ;-)

Great pics !
    thanks david. i actually just picked up my own personal photographer before this trip :)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    Great shots....my Tri-Star is scheduled for delivery today....

However, I need to make one correction to a posting here. I'm a former tour director who used to lead tours all over the U.S. San Francisco was a popular stop and I'd give city tours to my pax.

I learned, that Lombard Street is the SECOND most crooked street in the world. The MOST crooked street in the world is.....Wall Street. :)
    nice :)

actually, from wikipedia:

"Vermont Street, between 20th St and 22nd Street in the Potrero Hill neighborhood and near San Francisco General Hospital, also tries to claim the "crookedest" title. It has seven turns instead of eight, but its hill is steeper than Lombard's."

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
    Gorgeous photos, Maverick! I'm just wondering how the Tristar "feels", fully loaded, vs. the Aeronaut - both in backpack mode and when carrying it with the shoulder strap. Does the Tristar feel smaller or about the same?
    hi buzzard,

i find that the aeronaut packs wider and flatter. whereas, the tri-star has a smaller footprint on your back but can stick out more if you really stuff it. this may be a psychological perception based on how the bags looked before you put them on.

both the tri-star and the aeronaut sit very comfortably on your back.

It looked pretty "fat" - more so than my Aeronaut when it's stuffed, that's why I wondered, but it's always hard to tell just from a picture and not seeing the two bags side-by-side. Thanks for your thoughts on the matter!
    Owner of Founders Briefcase (navy/steel), Aeronaut (crimson/steel), Absolute Strap, Co-Pilot (steel/solar), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/sapphire), Imago (navy/cork/wasabi),Horizontal Freudian Slip, Snake Charmer (steel), Wallet (olive), Side Effect (olive), asst pouches and cubes.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
    It looked pretty "fat" - more so than my Aeronaut when it's stuffed, that's why I wondered, but it's always hard to tell just from a picture and not seeing the two bags side-by-side. Thanks for your thoughts on the matter!
    yes, i know i looked fat and need to get back into an exercise regiment! ;-)

i'll show you side by sides of the tri-star and aeronaut when i get back home.

Hey, don't we all! (Why do you think I don't post any pictures of me with my TB gear?!). But of course, I meant the Tristar - not you! :-) I look forward to seeing your TS/AER comparison photos.
    Owner of Founders Briefcase (navy/steel), Aeronaut (crimson/steel), Absolute Strap, Co-Pilot (steel/solar), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/sapphire), Imago (navy/cork/wasabi),Horizontal Freudian Slip, Snake Charmer (steel), Wallet (olive), Side Effect (olive), asst pouches and cubes.

more awesome shots....love how you take pictures of the bag at sites...very cool
    can not wait for mine to arrive on Monday

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedenim View Post
    more awesome shots....love how you take pictures of the bag at sites...very cool
    can not wait for mine to arrive on Monday
    it's funny that you say that. i was looking at these pictures and thinking that i need to come up with some new photographic ideas...

hey Maverick what do you think of that gorilla pod....seriously how does it work. I am an advid amateur photographer beginning to turn more pro. I would like something like that to travel with cause I don't like lugging the tripod with me. I have a monopod but even that is a pain at times when traveling light.

Volunteer Moderator
    The Bay Bridge that goes from San Francisco to Oakland.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Volunteer Moderator
    The Ferry Building on the Embarcadero in San Francisco.

Volunteer Moderator
    The Large Cafe Bag and Tri-Star in San Francisco.

Volunteer Moderator
    The Tri-Star and Large Cafe Bag in the overhead compartment of a Virgin Atlantic Airbus A320.

The Large Cafe Bag can sit almost vertically with a Soft Cell holding a Macbook inside.
    Last edited by maverick; 06-20-2009 at 12:19 PM.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedenim View Post
    hey Maverick what do you think of that gorilla pod....seriously how does it work. I am an advid amateur photographer beginning to turn more pro. I would like something like that to travel with cause I don't like lugging the tripod with me. I have a monopod but even that is a pain at times when traveling light.
    hi bluedenim,

i used the gorrilapod with the leica d-lux 4 several times on the trip. i used it sitting as a tripod sitting on various surfaces, including on the ground. i wrapped it around a railing at a pier near the ferry building. and it worked wonderfully each time.

they make the gorillapod in a few sizes, including one that works well with an slr and a larger slr with a larger lens. i haven't tried the larger gorillapods yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0