Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Thanks Tom and Darcy... and Crew!

Got my first Tom Bihn bag, the Tristar after picking up the Brain Cell some months back.

I ordered the bag with two small and two medium packing cubes and a Absolute Shoulder Strap and some extra pulls. The Brain Cell will go in the middle compartment.

Let me first say, Kudos to everyone there at the company... first class treatment the whole way!

My background with 'gear' has always been on the 'get the best you can afford type' and that philosophy has never steered me wrong.

As a side note, I've got three custom backpacks and climbing packs made for me by Dan McHale, also up there in Seattle. Must be something about Seattle that attracts very high quality gear designers and manufacturers.

For the record, I came to Tom Bihn way after I purchased a Tumi expandable ballistic nylon briefcase, two Andiamo bullet-proof ballistic nylon bags and also a few of Tom's main competitor's gear bags, a RedOxx duffel and an Air Boss. I recognize this is Tom's forum but I also have to say that better competition breeds better gear! I trust that Tom will agree with that statement.

The Tristar is one beautifully constructed bag! The attention to detail is amazing. I like this bag... a lot!

I see that Indigo is a fave here and it should be, it's gorgeous. However, I ordered the black as I always order my travel and business bags... black!

I'll be using the Tristar for short business trips and for international travel when maximum linear inches is at a premium. Coming from a mountaineering background, I'm accustomed to packing and traveling light and the old adage that goes 'if you have a larger bag than necessary, one usually fills that bag... whether they need the gear or not'. I light to travel and climb... light and fast!

So for me, the Tristar will be the bag I'll take when traveling light, for compact space-wise and moving fast when it's called for.

Kudos Tom Bihn... I'll put the bag through its paces.
    Last edited by Climb14er; 06-16-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: My bad... should have put this in the reviews section.

Quote Originally Posted by Climb14er View Post
    I'll be using the Tristar for short business trips and for international travel when maximum linear inches is at a premium. Coming from a mountaineering background, I'm accustomed to packing and traveling light and the old adage that goes 'if you have a larger bag than necessary, one usually fills that bag... whether they need the gear or not'. I light to travel and climb... light and fast!
    I need to learn that adage. I recently took a weekend trip with my Aeronaut and Brain Bag and felt like I was really going overboard with how much space I had. Sure enough I found a way to fill the bag on my return. I'm getting better at not taking too much on my way out but I still find it hard to not bring stuff back with me.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0