Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: tri-star

Actually, I didn't get it yet. It hasn't shipped yet as far as I know. Does changing the order delay things?
    Super Ego Steel/Wasabi, Horizontal Brain Cell 4, Horizontal Brain Cell 4Z, Imago Steel/Cayenne, TriStar Steel/Solar, Brain Bag (Black), various Clear Organizer Pouches, Clear Organizer Wallet, Snake Charmer, Vertical Freudian Slip, Horizontal Freudian Slip, Vertical Brain Cell 4Z

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi folks,

i've shot some video of the tri-star showing what i packed inside. i will make it available as soon as i finish editing it.

thanks!
    hi folks,

i want to reshoot some of the video, and of course it still needs to be edited. but i at least want to share a short preview because i know you're excited to see the tri-star!

thanks again for your patience!

I'm so excited to take it with me to Europe. It's really great that Tom Bihn designed a smaller bag, instead off trending bigger.
    The opinions expressed do, in fact, represent the opinions of the government--its Congress, Supreme Court, and President--as well as the United Nations and its representatives; because, let's face it, I have that kind of power at my disposal.

I wasn't much for the indigo but seeing your shots has me thinking it's a possibility if I ever go for this bag.

Please do me a favor though - remove the shoulder strap when you put it on your back! That one picture with it on your back had me thinking you'd catch it on something and end up flying backwards like out of some cartoon!

As always, thanks for sharing the pictures. No offense to Tom but I get a lot out of the customer pictures.

ya I sort of thought too maybe I made the wrong decision by ordering steel as the indigo looks awesome but I worry that in the future I may tire of the indigo...at least the steel is very neutral in colour.
    can not wait to see the videos!!!!

maverick thanks for the tri-star pics showing the bag in action.

Restraint Kat restraint. You're headed to the Bihn store a bit later on!!!

I do enjoy your pics and videos a lot. You must travel a fair piece for your work. I'd agree that Tom does a great job but maverick is quite good at selling me on Bihn product.

I'm not in the mood to purchase any luggage items right now but the past few years I have been into simplicity and quality over inferior product in all areas of my life. My samsonite has held up to my rough treatment but I'm wanting a piece such as the tri-star so I keep my load to the necessary minimum when I get on a plane and the trip is 4-7 days!

Volunteer Moderator
    hi katiya,

thanks - it is a pleasure taking pictures and capturing video of the beautiful bags that tom bihn makes!

i feel fortunate to have the opportunity to travel a lot this year. i am in san francisco, and this trip and the trip last week to philadelphia were for work.

i am excited to hear that you're heading over to the tom bihn store later today!! if you wouldn't mind, could you take a camera along and get some pictures and video to share with us?

thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by katiya View Post
    maverick thanks for the tri-star pics showing the bag in action.

Restraint Kat restraint. You're headed to the Bihn store a bit later on!!!

I do enjoy your pics and videos a lot. You must travel a fair piece for your work. I'd agree that Tom does a great job but maverick is quite good at selling me on Bihn product.

I'm not in the mood to purchase any luggage items right now but the past few years I have been into simplicity and quality over inferior product in all areas of my life. My samsonite has held up to my rough treatment but I'm wanting a piece such as the tri-star so I keep my load to the necessary minimum when I get on a plane and the trip is 4-7 days!

How difficult would it be to warp/smash the Tri-Star into a slightly smaller space should the need occur if it isn't packed to the gills like in your video? Or is it rigid enough to prevent that?

No disrespect intended, but I think almost all soft luggage will smash down to fit a smaller space if not packed completely full. While its a completely different bag from the Aeronaut, it is made mostly of the same materials, and I've had no trouble squeezing an Aeronaut into smaller spaces when necessary.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

I am still thinking of getting an aeronaut as well mainly for my partner this way we have two options. I would like him to switch from the roller bag. I showed him pictures of the Aeronaut, tristar, and a few from Red Oxx (gasp) and told him why I think Bihn bags are better. I am just not sure if I should just order another tristar. So I am waiting until my tristar arrives in steel/solar before making the decision.

Also I almost orderd the tristar in crimson my previosu roller bags have all been a red colour and I was thinking as much as I loved the colour the steel I think is going to be a nice sleek colour.

Patiently awaiting my ups tracking number....
    :)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    How difficult would it be to warp/smash the Tri-Star into a slightly smaller space should the need occur if it isn't packed to the gills like in your video? Or is it rigid enough to prevent that?
    hi thorn,

i admit, i did pack it quite full. it became skinnier when i remove the large cafe bag (which contained my macbook and related accessories). it becomes very thin once empty. there is also give in the other dimensions - let me take some pictures this evening to demonstrate.

and of course i am still waiting for smart alec video!!! The Tri Star does look good; I think more than anything else, Maverick, you are really good at the art of packing too..I learned a lot of little tricks on how to pack various pouches, and how to distribute stuff around too so that they can be better organized. I think you should patent this like the bundle method...:)

I took a few snapshots of my black Tri-Star...

with my small cafe bag:

1.0 liter SIGG bottle and Amazon Kindle fits comfortably:

laid out flat:

Volunteer Moderator
    panicking,

thanks for posting the awesome pictures!

Volunteer Moderator
    the indigo tri-star contrasts nicely against this green.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0