Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: the passport pouch

Volunteer Moderator

the passport pouch

hi folks,

here is a video demonstrating how many passports and related travel items the passport pouch will hold.

in case you're wondering, i was able to put just as many into the side effect. :)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by maverick; 06-05-2009 at 08:59 AM.
    -m

Thanks for the video. I prefer to use a larger pouch for my passport that I can easily pull out of my Empire Builder. I have something close to the size of a TB medium pouch that will fit the passport with an unfolded customs card inside it along with a pen, my ipod, and headphones. I stick the pouch in the seatback with a couple magazines or a book when I get on the plane and put the Empire Builder overhead. This way I don't have to get up and plow through my carryons looking for passport and pen when the flight attendants come through the aisles with customs cards.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by stan01 View Post
    Thanks for the video. I prefer to use a larger pouch for my passport that I can easily pull out of my Empire Builder. I have something close to the size of a TB medium pouch that will fit the passport with an unfolded customs card inside it along with a pen, my ipod, and headphones. I stick the pouch in the seatback with a couple magazines or a book when I get on the plane and put the Empire Builder overhead. This way I don't have to get up and plow through my carryons looking for passport and pen when the flight attendants come through the aisles with customs cards.
    hi stan01,

that sounds like a good approach!

yes, i've learned over time that it is useful to keep what i need inflight in one bag and everything else in another bag. i've been doing this lately with the medium cafe bag and aeronaut, respectively. i sometimes carry the medium cafe bag inside of the aeronaut for convenience. then i pull the medium cafe bag out of the aeronaut once i board the plane. the aeronaut goes into the overhead compartment. depending on how full the flight is and where i am sitting, the medium cafe bag can go in the overhead compartment, under the seat in front of me, or in the seat next to me if i'm lucky enough to have that be an empty seat.

i used to try to keep the customs and immigrations forms straight, but now i just fold them into my passport once i've filled them out. this allows me to keep my hands free and keep my passport inside my passport pouch.

the most important thing is to find the solution that works for you and your stuff.

What happened to the passport pouch? I was hoping to order one this week!
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tom has made a change to the Passport Pouch -- the new version will debut later this week.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Awesome! That's great news! Thanks for the update.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

dorayme and Flinx like this.

Fantastic! And now it's in violet. Whee!
    backpack and Katy like this.

ooohhhhh shiny!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Yup, we'll be picking up a couple of these for our trip later this year.

Thanks guys!
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

You're KILLING me! Will there be in RFID blocking organizer wallet as well?
    ~Adam
    ~~~~~~~~
    Bags: Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Super Ego, Buzz, Brain Cell Size 4Z & 6X, {Small Cafe & Synapse - Controlled by Wife!}
    Accessories: Backpack packing cubes (aeronaut, tri-star), Various Packing Cubes, Passport Pouch, Absolute Straps, QAM, Various Other Pouches, Freudian Slip

Quote Originally Posted by adamki View Post
    You're KILLING me! Will there be in RFID blocking organizer wallet as well?
    Maybe in the future, but not anytime soon. There's other designs ahead of that. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    Yup, we'll be picking up a couple of these for our trip later this year.

Thanks guys!
    Cool! We're so glad you like the new Passport Pouch.

Just wonderin'

Does anyone know if you can walk through the metal detector while wearing the new pouch?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seesul View Post
    Does anyone know if you can walk through the metal detector while wearing the new pouch?
    We don't know -- someone will have to test this for us, or we will on our next trip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0