Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: the passport pouch

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We don't know -- someone will have to test this for us, or we will on our next trip.
    hi darcy!

i travelled with the new passport pouch through london heathrow (LHR) and security asks you to place your documents in the bin to send through the x-ray machine. i said i have a passport pouch and they said it needed to go through the x-ray machine as well.

it was a very quiet sunday afternoon - friday and monday are bank holidays in london this long weekend, so the airport was quiet. but it seemed that LHR was pickier than the last few times i've gone through there (perhaps because they aren't busy). my mostly empty 4oz tube of toothpaste got thrown out and they made me take a sip of my son's benadryl.

the new passport pouch is awesome, by the way. it very nicely accommodated 3 passports and 3 boarding passes.

Thank you for the testing information Maverick! I'm looking forward to getting the new passport pouch too. Wonderful to have double the security - a secure pouch to wear, plus the liner for blocking potential electronic theft! Brilliant actually.

I just got my Iberian passport pouch in today's mail. yay!

Truth be told, I miss the zipper. It will take some getting used to with the Velcro. On the positive side, though, it will be almost impossible for anyone to try to pickpocket anything out of the pouch because the Velcro is so sturdy and noisy. Those who are truly intent on taking your passport will just try to snip the cord or something.

Seriously, though, I'm just glad there's enough room in there that I can slip my credit cards in there. I really don't want people picking up my credit card numbers as they walk nearby!

PS: I probably wouldn't be too horrendously upset if the old non-RFID zippered version ever came back, though. They make awesome little dangling wallets to wear around work (cell phone, and some spare change).
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

I'm hoping mine will be here tomorrow. Sight unseen, I'm not crazy about velcro, but it's probably a great idea. I would also buy an older version.

maverick, they made you send your documents through the machine? Wow. I'd be silently freaking out if I got separated from my passport-- I always carry it through, with my boarding pass.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by Seesul View Post
    Just wonderin'

Does anyone know if you can walk through the metal detector while wearing the new pouch?

Thanks
    You could use one or more to protect your modesty in the new full body scanners!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    maverick, they made you send your documents through the machine? Wow. I'd be silently freaking out if I got separated from my passport-- I always carry it through, with my boarding pass.
    hi jenne,

i've had to put my documents through the scanner a number of times over the years. i don't know if they would be okay with you holding onto your documents if you were going through a full body scanner, but i'd opt for the pat down over the radiation anyway.

you can tuck the passport pouch inside another bag when you send it through the x-ray machine.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I just got my Iberian passport pouch in today's mail. yay!

Truth be told, I miss the zipper.

PS: I probably wouldn't be too horrendously upset if the old non-RFID zippered version ever came back, though. They make awesome little dangling wallets to wear around work (cell phone, and some spare change).
    Yes, and the old version of the passport pouch was offered in sapphire Dyneema. See the blog post of Maverick's video of the old passport pouch for a view of this color combination, which matches really well with my Indigo Synapse and Tristar.
    Last edited by moriond; 04-26-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Yes, and the old version of the passport pouch was offered in sapphire Dyneema.
    /sniff

I love the stuff made with Dyneema. So sturdy yet so light. I just want so many more colors! Olive. Burgundy. Light pink.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Oh I would really like to see the sapphire Dyneema return! Bright, but not flashy; understated, but with personality.

Maybe someday?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0