Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the side effect

Volunteer Moderator

the side effect

hi folks,

here is a video and some pictures of the side effect.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by maverick; 06-04-2009 at 08:44 PM.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    more pictures...
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by maverick; 06-04-2009 at 08:45 PM.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi maverick,

That's a great video!. I hadn't realized that the interior used wasabi, although I could see this color for the olive side effect on the product page. I wonder whether Darcy can tell us what the interior is for the other bags -- is it always wasabi, or is it sometimes steel or cayenne? My side effect will come as part of my Tristar order, so I won't see this for a while. I was sorely tempted to order plum, but since I plan to also tether it to some other bags (as you show for your Buzz picture), I thought I'd better pick steel to better span the variety of bag colors.

The Side Effect is sure to be a winner! Thanks for putting the video/photos together.

Thanks for the pictures and video. I decided to not include the Side Effect in my Tri-Star+Aeronaut order because I already have an llbean waist pouch. But the pictures are making me rethink that decision because the size looks perfect.

One question. When I put the llbean pouch in my Buzz I tuck the waist strap under the back flap but the strap ends always fall out. Does the Side Effect hide the waist strap without the ends falling out and, if so, how?

David (trying to resist an order before I've had a chance to see what packing cubes I will need for the Aeronaut and Tri-Star)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmking View Post
    Thanks for the pictures and video. I decided to not include the Side Effect in my Tri-Star+Aeronaut order because I already have an llbean waist pouch. But the pictures are making me rethink that decision because the size looks perfect.
    hi david,

i completely understand. the side effect has been so beautifully executed!

Quote Originally Posted by dsmking View Post
    One question. When I put the llbean pouch in my Buzz I tuck the waist strap under the back flap but the strap ends always fall out. Does the Side Effect hide the waist strap without the ends falling out and, if so, how?

David (trying to resist an order before I've had a chance to see what packing cubes I will need for the Aeronaut and Tri-Star)
    tom has designed the side effect such that the space where the waist strap gets tucked away has enough space to hold the waist strap, and isn't lose such that the waist strap will slide out.

let me put together a video demonstrating how to manage the waist strap on the side effect when you're not using it.

Volunteer Moderator
    hi david,

here is a video demonstrating how the waist strap folds into the side effect.

let me know if you have any questions.

Maverick, thank you for your time and effort on these...just ordered one for myself!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Maverick, thank you for your time and effort on these...just ordered one for myself!
    hi blkmt!

congratulations!! what color did you order?

would you mind posting some pictures when you get it?

thanks!

I went with basic black...will post pictures when I receive.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I wonder whether Darcy can tell us what the interior is for the other bags -- is it always wasabi, or is it sometimes steel or cayenne?
    It's always Wasabi - the better to see inside with! :)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's always Wasabi - the better to see inside with! :)
    hey darcy,

yup, wasabi is a great choice for that very reason!

though, i bet that the use of solar dyneema inside of the indigo would look pretty nice and be very functional in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi david,

here is a video demonstrating how the waist strap folds into the side effect.

let me know if you have any questions.
    Maverick,

Thanks for the video. That is similar to how my llbean straps fold - I suspect the difference is that the covering flap on the Side Effect is larger (for the passport pocket).

David

I really want one! I have a lot of purses and am forever forgetting something I need inside another purse when I transfer contents over. I think the side effect would be great for keeping my essentials (TB wallet, change purse, iPod Touch, small camera, pen, cell phone) together and easily transferable from bag to bag. The big decision will be what colour.... ;)
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

This thing is actually Tom Bihn's biggest Organizer Pouch in disguise as a waist pouch, isn't it? :)

How many o-rings are there in this bag?

Has anyone ever tried wearing this around the waist by positioning the pouch in the small of your back?

If you decide to use the waist strap, are there alternative uses for the shoulder sling strap? If so, what have you used these straps for?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0