Volunteer Moderator

aeronaut, medium cafe bag, and clear quarter packing cube on my trip to india

i took the aeronaut,medium cafe bag and the clear quarter packing cube with me on a recent trip to india.

i went out of washington dulles and connected via london heathrow, onto new delhi.

the clear quarter packing cube housed my toiletries, including several liquids. and security was happy to have me send my liquids through the x-ray in the clear quarter packing cube.

i wore the aeronaut in backpack form most of the time, though occasionally carried it on one shoulder using the absolute shoulder strap. i wore the medium cafe bag across my body, in front of me on the right side.

it worked out nicely. a couple of pictures below...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Nice photos. Thanks for posting. How long was your trip?

Super Moderator
    Heathrow worked with two bags? I thought that was the airport where no one at Security could count higher than one :) Or did you find room to jam the small cafe bag inside the Aeronaut? (Seems impossible from the pics!)

timothy

Volunteer Moderator
    hi!

this was a short trip - 6 days. but whether i go for 6 days or for 2-3 weeks, i still carry the same stuff - 3 changes of clothes plus the clothes on me, and have them washed every couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by dclawyer View Post
    Nice photos. Thanks for posting. How long was your trip?

Volunteer Moderator
    yup - heathrow is now allowing one carry-on plus one personal item/laptop bag/purse. i'm not sure when that changed.

my aeronaut was pretty full - i had a crazy creek camping chair in there, among other things :)

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    Heathrow worked with two bags? I thought that was the airport where no one at Security could count higher than one :) Or did you find room to jam the small cafe bag inside the Aeronaut? (Seems impossible from the pics!)

timothy

Great pictures! They show the navy really well. I think I maybe should have ordered the plum instead... Ah well. Maybe I'll fall in love with the colors when I see it with my own eyes! If not, I can just return it and I won't be wondering "well, but what if I got the navy instead?"
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

Volunteer Moderator
    my medium cafe bag is navy/cayenne and my large is plum/wasabi, and they are both gorgeous color combinations!

i think the toughest part about owning a tom bihn product is that i want to have any given bag in more than one color! :-o

Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    Great pictures! They show the navy really well. I think I maybe should have ordered the plum instead... Ah well. Maybe I'll fall in love with the colors when I see it with my own eyes! If not, I can just return it and I won't be wondering "well, but what if I got the navy instead?"

Volunteer Moderator
    here are pictures and video from the trip. my 3 year old loves trains, so the photography centered around the train ride. he was very excited to see these!

you really make me so homesick! I am from India and I get to go once every couple of years. so this makes me happy!

Volunteer Moderator
    awww - i'm glad you enjoyed seeing the pictures! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    you really make me so homesick! I am from India and I get to go once every couple of years. so this makes me happy!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0