Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,148

    a video of the medium cafe bag

    hi folks,

    here is a video of the medium cafe bag.

    option 1.

    option 2.

    enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,148
    by the way, the large cafe bag that shows up in the video is plum/wasabi, in case you're wondering if your eyes are deceiving you. it was late and i misspoke the color - my apologies :).

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    134
    Thanks for this. I was especially pleased to see the 8 1/2 x 11 plastic folders fit so well.

    Mmm... I still want to hold out for the Synapse, but this is definitely a bag to have on my list.

  4. #4
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,148
    Hi!

    You can also carry the Letter size Circa Notebooks from Levenger that are sized 9.25" wide x 0.5" thick x 11.5" high. I have carried one of these but found it too thick for the few papers I carry around.

    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Morn View Post
    Thanks for this. I was especially pleased to see the 8 1/2 x 11 plastic folders fit so well.

    Mmm... I still want to hold out for the Synapse, but this is definitely a bag to have on my list.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,541
    This is a great video!

    Definitely the most informative piece of information on the carrying capacity of the Medium Cafe Bag.

    Kudos for showing what fit in each inner pocket by choosing fairly common items such as the mint tin or the Rhodia pad as a comparison.

    I especially like the description of the Organizer Pouches showing each kind, Clear, Padded and all Fabric in real life use and what each size can hold.

    The video is really clear, your comments right on point.

    I also really like the size comparison with other the two other sizes of Cafe Bag.


    I have the Large and the Mini, when I ordered my first Cafe Bag (Large Plum/Steel) I was wondering if I should get a Medium instead.

    It turned out that the Large is the perfect bag for just about every situation but the very few ones when standing for a long time and carrying weight is an issue (grocery and clothes shopping).

    Under those circumstances, I need to carry a bag on me all the time, it frees up space in the grocery cart and prevents somebody from running with the bag while one has to back out a few feet for a missing edible item or a sweater in a gorgeous color and on sale.
    The Small Cafe Bag is perfect for those times.


    Would you mind making a video showing the carrying capacity of the Large and Small Cafe Bags? It would help Cafe Bags potential buyers tremendously.


    OT: What kind of camera did you use?
    Last edited by backpack; 02-20-2009 at 03:23 PM.

  6. #6
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,148
    Hi!

    I would love to!

    But please be a little patient with me.

    I stayed up late last night to crank out a couple of videos I have been meaning to do. It's hard to find quiet time to make the videos because I have a 3 year old and he has my attention in the evenings when I get home from work. And I usually get to bed at the same time or soon after he does :).

    I am going to India on Tuesday (and I'll take some pictures on my trip). But I probably will not be able to make the video of the small and large cafe bags until I get back.

    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Would you mind making a video showing the carrying capacity of the Large and Small Cafe Bags, it would help Cafe Bags potential buyers tremendously.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,541
    My hat off to you!

    A three year old and a traveling job!

    That video is now even more impressive and precious to my eyes because you really had to squeeze out the time.

    Thank You, thank you!

  8. #8
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,148
    oh - i'm not traveling for work. this is a vacation :).

    i live and work in northern virginia and we have an office in philadelphia that takes me up there twice a year. but no other travel for work.

    my previous employer, also in this area, has offices in mountain view, ca and bangalore, india. i had traveled out to mountain view once, and bangalore a few times. but the bangalore work trip would get combined with a vacation since i like to get out to india a couple of times a year anyway. so it was definitely a win-win!

    if you watch the the shop bag, you'll see my son running through! we did that when i came home from the grocery store. no multiple takes, no repacking the bag - just got a raw video of the stuff being pulled out of the bag. i think i did probably a dozen takes of the ruck's sac and a half dozen of the medium cafe bag. i realized that putting the camera on a tripod and having use of both my hands decreased the errors that forced a retake :). of course the better way of doing this is to have someone else run the camera.

    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    My hat off to you!

    A three year old and a traveling job!

    That video is now even more impressive and precious to my eyes because you really had to squeeze out the time.

    Thank You, thank you!

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    225
    That's my favorite part of the Shop Bag video; say the secret word... "COOKIES" then stand back. Good stuff. And the Cafe Bag video review is as informative and enjoyable. My Large Cafe (with Absolute Strap) will arrive next week, so I'm really looking forward to trying it out. Thanks again for your time and effort.

    Karl

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,541
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    oh - i'm not traveling for work. this is a vacation :).

    i live and work in northern virginia and we have an office in philadelphia that takes me up there twice a year. but no other travel for work.

    my previous employer, also in this area, has offices in mountain view, ca and bangalore, india. i had traveled out to mountain view once, and bangalore a few times. but the bangalore work trip would get combined with a vacation since i like to get out to india a couple of times a year anyway. so it was definitely a win-win!

    if you watch the the shop bag, you'll see my son running through! we did that when i came home from the grocery store. no multiple takes, no repacking the bag - just got a raw video of the stuff being pulled out of the bag. i think i did probably a dozen takes of the ruck's sac and a half dozen of the medium cafe bag. i realized that putting the camera on a tripod and having use of both my hands decreased the errors that forced a retake :). of course the better way of doing this is to have someone else run the camera.

    How did I miss your cute son on the first viewing of the shop bag video?

    Cookies, cookies! Somebody I can really relate to.

    Thanks for this video too, in case I had not done it before.

    Extremely informative.


    Have a great vacation! And again thanks for those real nice videos.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    50
    You have a beautiful kitchen/dining table!!! :) I love your color choices for your Tom Bihn gear, too!!! :) Great video!! and have a great trip!! :)

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    457
    Hi there: what a lovely video.....and I thought I was organized till I saw this! hehehe.
    Quick question: I have a medium cafe bag; but I do not have a "clip" in the front zippered pocket. Or am I missing something?

  13. #13
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,148
    hi shiva,

    i think the o-ring in the zippered pocket of the medium cafe bag may have been a recent addition to the bag.

    i had purchased my large and small cafe bags before i purchased my medium cafe bag, and they do not include an o-ring in the zippered pocket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    Hi there: what a lovely video.....and I thought I was organized till I saw this! hehehe.
    Quick question: I have a medium cafe bag; but I do not have a "clip" in the front zippered pocket. Or am I missing something?

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    457
    Thanks for the quick response. I got my bag just in January of this year. So not sure why it does not have it. It wd be useful esp for keys!

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4
    great video. it help me decide on the small cafe bag. btw, i cringed when you dropped the iphone in the bag. lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0