Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: a video of the ruck's sac

Volunteer Moderator

a video of the ruck's sac

most certainly not the most polished piece of cinematography, but i assure you a lot of love went into making this little video showing off the ruck's sac! :)

option 1: watch the video

option 2: watch the video

enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by maverick; 02-19-2009 at 10:44 PM.
    -m

Many thanks for your videos, maverick. It is great to the see the bags in actual use. Cheers!

Hey Maverick: Is the back of the Sack padded at all for comfort against the back and so objects don't poke? I am still quite intrigued by how much the RS seems to hold; I don't know if it is the bag, or your superior packing skills!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    most certainly not the most polished piece of cinematography, but i assure you a lot of love went into making this little video showing off the ruck's sac! :)

option 1: watch the video

option 2: watch the video

enjoy!
    And enjoy, we did! Great video, maverick -- thank you so much for doing these! This answered all of our questions about Ruck's Sack being appropriate for our boys for school (one of the little guys is kind of small).
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Volunteer Moderator
    hi shvia,

indeed, the back of the ruck's sac is very nicely padded.

the ruck's sac will hold the items as featured in the video. how the bag is designed and you pack things will affect not only what the bag will hold, but also how easily you can get at what you pack into the bag. the drawstring at the top of the ruck's sac makes it easy to get into everything packed inside.

one of the things i really love about the ruck's sac is that you can also throw a few things in that you need for a summer outing and carry it comfortably.

getting back to your question about the padded back, i should mention that i've thrown odd things in there like a spool of kite string, a kite, a ball, and a frisbee and have carried it very comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    Hey Maverick: Is the back of the Sack padded at all for comfort against the back and so objects don't poke? I am still quite intrigued by how much the RS seems to hold; I don't know if it is the bag, or your superior packing skills!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana8 View Post
    And enjoy, we did! Great video, maverick -- thank you so much for doing these! This answered all of our questions about Ruck's Sack being appropriate for our boys for school (one of the little guys is kind of small).
    hi nana8,

i'm glad it was of help! do let us know how your boys liked their ruck's sacs. i'm sure we'd all love to see some pictures of them with their ruck's sacs!

hi nana8,

i'm glad it was of help! do let us know how your boys liked their ruck's sacs. i'm sure we'd all love to see some pictures of them with their ruck's sacs!
    I will be glad to post some pics when I can talk the boys into posing! They are a bit shy! I know I can sneak a couple though, since the boys will often "pose" in front of the mirror to see how clothes etc. work for them (they have sensory issues) and seem to do better associating the visual with the "feel".

Thanks again!
    nana8
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana8 View Post
    I will be glad to post some pics when I can talk the boys into posing! They are a bit shy! I know I can sneak a couple though, since the boys will often "pose" in front of the mirror to see how clothes etc. work for them (they have sensory issues) and seem to do better associating the visual with the "feel".

Thanks again!
    nana8
    i find it challenging to get pictures of my son. usually, i can get a couple of good shots of him up to his natural antics. once he notices, he starts saying "cheese" and gets really close to the camera. we haven't yet mastered the lesson that the lens can't focus on anything or anyone that close. then he says: dado, i don't want to say cheese anymore, and he pushes the camera away.

i have to admit i bribed my son with a promise of ice cream in order to get some of the shots of him with the medium cafe bag. it was a win-win-win! i got pictures, he got ice cream, and i got ice cream! :)
    dorayme likes this.
    -m

Maverick: as always thank you for your quick and thoughtful response! It seems u sell TB all by yourself!!
    I think I will go ahead and get me a Ruck's Sac. I am supposed to be heading off to Alaska soon--woohoo!--so wanted something that I could throw on my back all day--and have it be comfortable. Not sure I can manage with the Cafe Bag all day--my shoulder starts to hurt. Not fault of the bag..!

Darcy: is RS available in Indigo?

Volunteer Moderator
    Darcy: is RS available in Indigo?
    hi shiva,

indigo is a 1050d ballistic fabric. however, the outside of the ruck's sac is made with 1000d cordura fabric, which is available in sapphire.

i haven't seen the indigo in person, but it appears to be a deeper blue than the sapphire.

Maverick: with some cordura, I have had trouble --where the constant friction against my clothes usually wears down my clothes and causes pills--have you had any issues? I assume not..or you would have posted about it. I will be carrying it mostly on Tshirts and nylon jackets...but want to make sure

Volunteer Moderator
    Maverick: with some cordura, I have had trouble --where the constant friction against my clothes usually wears down my clothes and causes pills--have you had any issues? I assume not..or you would have posted about it. I will be carrying it mostly on Tshirts and nylon jackets...but want to make sure
    hi shiva,

believe me when i tell you that you will have no trouble with the 1000d cordura fabric used in tom bihn bags. my first tom bihn bag was the smart alec backpack. that was about 5 years ago. the exterior back, sides and bottom are made with 1000d cordura fabric. out of all of my tom bihn bags, this has probably gotten the most use. i've carried it as my daily backpack. i've taken it on trips. i've pulled it close to me on hardwood floors and on carpet. i've put it into and taken it out of overhead bins of airplanes. it's come on picnics with me. it's been on rocks, on grass, on cycle rickshaws, on auto rickshaws, on the floor of trains in india.

after all of that, the 1000d cordura fabric on the smart alec still looks fantastic!

i don't know if i created this idea in my head, but i want to say that i read somewhere that one of the ways that tom tests fabric for his bags is by wearing it on the bottom of the soles of his shoe to see how durable it is. i also seem to recall darcy saying that they test a bag design by filling the bag with sand, tying it to the back of a car, and letting it drag behind the car for some distance.

darcy, help me out. did i dream all of this or is it true?

anyhow, my point is that i know tom does not casually select any fabric he uses in the construction of his bags. i know tom ensures the fabrics he chooses are durable, beautiful and environmentally friendly. so i don't worry about these aspect when i select a tom bihn bag. instead, i think about how a given bag will function for me.

i hope this helps. let me know if you have any questions.

my first tom bihn bag was the smart alec backpack. that was about 5 years ago. the exterior back, sides and bottom are made with 1000d cordura fabric.
    i wore my smart alec on a travel day (in other words: a lot!), and it did create quite a few pills on a brand-new t-shirt (in other words, i'm certain it was the bag because it was the very first time i'd worn the shirt). the shirt is 95% pima cotton, 5% organic cotton... so i'm not sure if i was just wearing a "delicate flower," so to speak...? but i didn't notice any pilling on other shirts; i wore the bag several other days on the trip.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedawg View Post
    i wore my smart alec on a travel day (in other words: a lot!), and it did create quite a few pills on a brand-new t-shirt (in other words, i'm certain it was the bag because it was the very first time i'd worn the shirt). the shirt is 95% pima cotton, 5% organic cotton... so i'm not sure if i was just wearing a "delicate flower," so to speak...? but i didn't notice any pilling on other shirts; i wore the bag several other days on the trip.
    oops - sorry. i just re-read shiva's post and realized he was concerned with the effect on his clothes.

i haven't run into this problem with my clothes yet.

you guys must have been reading my earlier post and wondering what i was going on about :).

i have to admit i bribed my son with a promise of ice cream in order to get some of the shots of him with the medium cafe bag. it was a win-win-win! i got pictures, he got ice cream, and i got ice cream! :)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...I am not beyond bribery! And, Ice cream sounds like a wonderful way to accomplish this!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0