Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: a video of the ruck's sac

Hey all:
    Maverick: yup I was wondering about your answer and realized I had perhaps not been too clear!!! I know TB fabric is fantastic; it has always been the effect on clothes! ironically, better the fabric, worse the wear and tear on clothes. So bluedawg: have you had trouble with other clothes? I know I do not run into this at all with the Ballistic fabric cos it has a smoother face!!!

And Maverick: i am not a "guy"! I know my shortened name sounds like it is--another way to confuse folks! My full name is Sivagami which has been shortened over years to shiva!

Volunteer Moderator
    hi shiva,

please allow me to offer my most sincere apologies.

i re-read your post and you were quite clear. i wasn't altogether focused as i read and responded yesterday evening.

i have a habit of using the word "guys" in a gender neutral way. i guess "folks" is a better word to choose in this case. thank you for correcting me! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    Hey all:
    Maverick: yup I was wondering about your answer and realized I had perhaps not been too clear!!! I know TB fabric is fantastic; it has always been the effect on clothes! ironically, better the fabric, worse the wear and tear on clothes. So bluedawg: have you had trouble with other clothes? I know I do not run into this at all with the Ballistic fabric cos it has a smoother face!!!

And Maverick: i am not a "guy"! I know my shortened name sounds like it is--another way to confuse folks! My full name is Sivagami which has been shortened over years to shiva!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    So bluedawg: have you had trouble with other clothes? I know I do not run into this at all with the Ballistic fabric cos it has a smoother face!!!
    i only bought the bag a few months ago, and its first trip was a vacation with us to warm climates. :) on that trip, i noticed significant pilling on the shirt i mentioned earlier (the pima/organic cotton one), but then didn't notice it on other t-shirts that i wore it with that trip (all-"regular"-cotton). my husband wore it a couple of days, too, and didn't have any problems with his clothes.

since bringing it back home, i've actually only worn it with coats (it has only just this week begun to warm up to non-coat weather!), so i haven't seen any problems there, either. this isn't a bag i wear every day, because it's larger than i need for daily stuff... and i'm also on sabbatical, so i haven't been going to campus much at all. :)

i hope that helps!

Amazing what you can carry in a $70 Bihn backpack, isn't it? Here's to hoping that the upcoming Synapse is every bit as remarkable as Maverick's excellent-as-always video shows the Ruck to be.

Maverick,

What camera did you shoot this movie with? Did you use iMovie to edit and transcode it?

Volunteer Moderator
    hi mtnman,

i've captured with either the sony hvr-a1u or the leica d-lux 4 and edited and published with imovie '08 or '09.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Maverick,

What camera did you shoot this movie with? Did you use iMovie to edit and transcode it?

Thanks.

I noticed in the video that you were carrying a Waterfield pouch in your Ruck's Sac. Which pouch were you using for your Airport Express, etc.?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0